News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

painting the dash

Started by deanj309, January 25, 2011, 12:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanj309

hi,i was wondering if anyone has ever painted  the entire dash to match there car or just restored them to there original state (black) i was thinking of painting the dash frame all bezels face plates to match car paint and accent the rest in black ,button,switches ect dash pads and does any one have a pic of there painted dash

doctor4766

Gotta love a '69

deanj309

Quote from: doctor4766 on January 25, 2011, 04:29:18 AM
What colour is your car?
its going to be pearl white with a light aradecent purple to it with black matted maggs,i just thought it would be different to do the dash dirrerent (but in good taste!)

Hemidog

I would worry about reflection against the windshield...

68blue

I painted the dash pad and interior parts to match the outside car color, HOK Cobalt Blue. The dash part around the instruments I kept black with the chrome trim. There are pictures of it back in the archives.

charger2fast4u

i had my 68's dash powder coated candy red. i may change the color though i decided to go with different colors then i originally intended to go with and am thinking the dash might not match the rest of the car now

doctor4766

Quote from: Hemidog on January 25, 2011, 11:19:12 AM

Yep, I'd have to agree there.
Gotta love a '69

bull

Quote from: doctor4766 on January 25, 2011, 06:27:15 PM
Quote from: Hemidog on January 25, 2011, 11:19:12 AM

Yep, I'd have to agree there.

And semi gloss, not gloss.

I think it's ok to paint the dash the same color as the body, as long as the body is black. :2thumbs:

vandie12

Plan on painting the inside metal trim semi gloss black, its a brownish color now but the interior is going black. Is there anything I have to deal with, or use a special paint so it will be protected from scratches?