News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 or 69?

Started by bobfist, January 24, 2011, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobfist

Hi!
got these two valve covers for my charger 69 rt, is it 68 or 69 ?
Look at the removed bracket on the middle on right one.
possible to make them look like 69 440 magnum?

www.bobfist.com
Muscle Car Restorations & Reproduction
Sweden

resq302

Bob, from the looks of it, you have a mismatched pair. The right one is a 68 big block valve cover that someone cut the tab off that used to hold the heater hose retainer.  The one on the left may possibly be a 70 or newer big block valve cover.  In 68 and 69, they had a push on breather that slid over a tube extension from the valve cover.   I think in 70 and up, they had a breather that pushed into a rubber grommet on the valve cover.  Hope this helps.

Brian
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bobfist

can someone post a picture how they should look on either side?
www.bobfist.com
Sweden

Back N Black

Here is a couple pics,

bobfist

Hmm so i need another oil filling lock or whats the name of it... :)
www.bobfist.com
Sweden

maxwellwedge

69 Covers...a closer look

daveco

Amazing that you were able to find a battleship mooring ring that just happened to fit a four barrel intake manifold :2thumbs:
R/Tree

maxwellwedge

Quote from: daveco on January 26, 2011, 07:09:52 PM
Amazing that you were able to find a battleship mooring ring that just happened to fit a four barrel intake manifold :2thumbs:

Shhhhhhhhh! I don't want them to know I am the reason they have a battleship floating around aimlessly!   :lol:

gtx6970

Jim,
Is this Badalsons engine paint or your own concoction / mix

sorry for the hijak

maxwellwedge

Quote from: gtx6970 on January 27, 2011, 07:59:41 AM
Jim,
Is this Badalsons engine paint or your own concoction / mix

sorry for the hijak

Hey Bill - It is Frank's paint.