News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Steering column bracket questions

Started by madmike, January 24, 2011, 08:55:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madmike

I think I'm missing some parts to bolt my steering column to the body shell and pedal assembly...

On the steering column, there is a black 'column bracket' that bolts to the steering column itself with (4) 1/2" long 5/16" bolts.  When the steering column is inserted through the fire wall and lifted up, there are three attachment points that hold the column up, two attach to the bracket welded to the cowl, and one is at the pedal assembly.  On page 19-39 of my '69 Charger FSM, and shows three 'spacers' and says to shim as required.  I think the spacers are something that slides into 'slots' on the column bracket, and shims are a U shaped piece that gets clamped in between if required.  I think the spacers may be made of a pot metal or even plastic, maybe.

I'm missing the three 'spacers' and shims.  Where can I get something like these?  Thanks?

68neverlate

I recently dropped the steering column on my 68 Charger and I'm sure the 69s are the same.  These pieces are actually plastic breakaway spacers that slide onto guides in each of those 3 locations you mentioned.  Here's an ebay link showing you those spacers along with the related hardware.    :icon_smile_wink:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Column-Parts-68-69-70-Charger-Roadrunner-Superbee-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem25609e5198QQitemZ160534778264QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories 

madmike

Thanks for the link, I actually stumbled across the very same thing, earlier in the day!  Thanks anyway!

68neverlate