News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

intake manifold gasket 383

Started by vandie12, December 29, 2010, 12:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vandie12

Just took the intake off recently built 383, found 2 bent push rods, but also found gaskets between the intake manifold valley gasket. Its been a long time since I have worked on one of these, and all we ever used to get in the gasket set was the metal valley gasket. Is this something that is now common when replacing the metal valley gasket?  Also have not figured out why the push rods were bent any ideas?     

oldkimmer

........over revved...........usually need paper gaskets to fill in the gap.......kim........
Back in the good old days 1968 charger rt 440 magnum . 1968  charger 383 magnum. The Beast has been Unleashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RallyeMike

It's strange: They never used to push the paper gaskets, but lately the parts folks say they are "recommended".  :shruggy:
I never use them or will. Silicone always does the job just fine with a new tin pan.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

doctor4766

Felpro only supply a small tube of RTV silicone with their gaskets.
Worked for me...
Gotta love a '69

71charger_fan

I've never been able to get the bolts to line up on my 400 with the paper gaskets in.

Ghoste

quadram4

I always thought u used the paper gaskets if u were using an aluminum intake?
Hungry Dago

71charger_fan

I've had an aluminum intake on mine since about '92 and have never used the paper gaskets.

A383Wing

Quote from: 71charger_fan on January 24, 2011, 07:10:10 PM
I've had an aluminum intake on mine since about '92 and have never used the paper gaskets.

same here....silicone is not supposed to be used on the intake gasket...only on the end rails...gasoline loves to eat silicone