News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

barrett jackson

Started by hemi24, January 22, 2011, 03:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi24

damn 1970 superbird just went for $87,000 wow that was to low in price !!! :eek2:

Barrett-Jackson Lot: 1250 - 1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD 2 DOOR COUPE

Lot Number:    1250    

Add to Favorites   [Add this car to your favorites/bookmarks]
Email to a Friend   [Email this car listing to a friend]
Send to Mobile Device   [Email this car to a mobile device]
Open in New Window 

To share this car info, open in a
new window and then click
"Share" on the main site menu

Auction:    SCOTTSDALE 2011
Sale Price:    
Year:    1970
Make:    PLYMOUTH
Model:    SUPERBIRD
Style:    2 DOOR COUPE
VIN:    RM23U0A167950
Exterior Color:    B5 BLUE
Interior Color:    BLACK
Cylinders:    V8
Engine Size:    440
Transmission:    4-SPEED MANUAL
Summary:    440cid V8 with a 4-speed transmission, power steering and brakes. Excellent restoration with original sheet metal and interior. Documented with original Broadcast Sheet. From the Keith Henderson Collection.
Details:    1970 Superbird B5 Blue, 4-speed, 3.54 DANA. Beautiful car with original sheet metal and original interior. Birds like this are hard to find. Detailed with fresh paint and engine compartment detail. This Bird also has the original Build sheet. From the Keith Henderson Collection.

BigBlockSam

tor red superbird just sold for $165000
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Aero426

By the description or lack thereof, the blue car probably had a non numbers engine or driveline.   Also not concours restored.   

I have to say the in regard to the Tor-Red car, that is an off the charts number in todays market for a 4bbl car.

BigBlockSam

that was a nice car and real low millage too
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

nascarxx29

The red car had 24K miles and documentation going for it
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

maxwellwedge

I was there and thought both cars were so-so. The people with the B5 Bird took a bath on all their Mopars except their T/A.

hemigeno

Quote from: maxwellwedge on January 23, 2011, 06:09:00 PM
I was there and thought both cars were so-so. The people with the B5 Bird took a bath on all their Mopars except their T/A.

Thought about checking to see if you went to the circus again this year.  How was it?  I didn't see your mug on the TV screen though.  Of course the SPEED cameras didn't spend more than 2 seconds on much other than Corvettes, Mustangs or custom Brand X's.

maxwellwedge

I heard I got some mug time.

Two of my friends bought 3 Vettes and almost a Boss 302....I was on stage with them for those.

It was a good thing the maybe fake JFK ambulance was there - I think the BJ boys needed to use it after people shunned it... :lol:

jonw29

Gene.You are correct.Just for fun this morning I counted them.125 Corvettes and I dont think there were any of them that didnt get tv time.If I were Steve Magnate(sp) I would be guilty of saying "This one looks just like the other 100 that have been sold."I have been used to seeing some vareity in their sales.Dont get me wrong,If I were dumb enough to have a Corvette,I would ant to get rid of it too.I am aFord guy by trade so I am not allowed to comment on the Mustang coverage.It did seem that there were several times that they would come back from a commerecial and say "That Boss 429 was well bought" or something to that effect.I also read somewhere else that next years B-J was going to be a reserve auction.Is there someone that knows for sure?I am planning to go next year,just for the expirience,I dont have that dispoable income.

Magnumcharger

After watching WAY too many hours of this years' Scottsdale BJ, I'm not impressed with ANY of the Mopar prices. I just about fell out of my chair when the Root beer V-code 1970 Charger R/T went for $45K...
The matching set of pink Challengers went for too much IMHO.

Altogether too many Vettes, period. And the hype for the charity cars filled my mouth with spew. I feel bad for Darrell Gwynn (other than having Linda Vaughan as his nurse-maid!) flogging that same repli-rail every year.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

BigBlockSam

QuoteAltogether too many Vettes, period. And the hype for the charity cars filled my mouth with spew

:yesnod: me too