News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

West Virginia Coal Miners

Started by THE COLONEL, January 04, 2006, 11:52:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGhost

Quote from: yellowcuda on January 05, 2006, 04:39:35 PMDon't take anyone you love for granted.  Tell them you love them today and everyday.

Those are words I took to heart long ago, Shelly.

The saddest part of this, was the miscommunication.  Those families believing that their loved ones were alive, then, just 3 hours later, to have their hopes crushed......
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Shakey

Quote from: last426 on January 05, 2006, 10:49:37 PM
Quote from: dkn1997 on January 05, 2006, 08:39:19 PM
our local paper led with the headline "miracle in the mine"  

The horrible result sort of does away with the notion that there is a god or that there are miracles.   And make no mistake about my comment -- that is a very sad thing.   Kim

I agree with this comment however I believe that everything happens for a reason - what exact reason, we may never know.

Silver R/T

this country is based on money and everyone's looking to get richer. Im sure theyll be sued by more than one of the familes that lost their papa
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

73dodge

Tragic situation for sure

As for the suing part I am sure that women got a thousand phone calls on her cell phone not 2 seconds after she uttered those words that she was going to sue from every sleezy ambulance chasing lawyer from the surrounding 5 states. Beleive me they will find someone with deep pockets to afix blame to start filing a blizzard of law suits.

I even heard one news pundit blame (of course) Bush for the accident..............

But intresting side note, did you notice the names of the 2 major players involved?

The main spokesman that the media had on his last name was Hatfield I beleive he was the mineing company spokesman, the surving miner last name was McLoy.

Could this be the start of another Hatfield and McCLoy battle????

P.S. I know the orginal was Hatfield and McCoy

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!