News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what hood is this and whats it worth?

Started by the_dude, January 19, 2011, 01:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_dude

I'm not all that familiar with vintage dodge stuff.

I have no idea what its from, or what its worth.  all I know is some friends have called it a power bulge hood and said it comes off of 440-6pack cars only from the factory?

chargd72

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

the_dude

is it worth anything or should I just toss it in my next steel pile to the recycler?

FLG

If its not rusted and pretty mint...id say 275-300$ should give you an idea...even in decent condition its worth much more than scrap prices.

chargd72

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

the_dude

Quote from: chargd72 on January 19, 2011, 03:31:49 PM
Not saying this is what yours is worth but there's one in sceezbay in pretty crappy condition for $600.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/73-74-1973-1974-Plymouth-ROADRUNNER-Road-Runner-HOOD-/300332130481?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45ed30a0b1

yeah I saw that one (only one I saw) and for some reason I think that guy thinks its gold or something lol.  hell, I've shipped hoods online before heavier than this one and they only cost about $100 via grey hound across the damn country lol.

so is this called a power bulge hood or just a regular hood? I'm trying not to be super ignorant and do the searching myself instead of bothering you guys but I honestly dont know.

I've seen two other pics besides the one above online but they were on cars and I think power bulge is the correct name...though they said they were on plymouth satellites?  I guess the hood interchanges between the two?

FLG

Yes its a bulge hood, will fit satellite and a RR (same cars, different trims).

ACUDANUT

440 six pack hood... :lol: WRONG.  :slap:
The above responses are correct. :Twocents:

the_dude

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 19, 2011, 04:01:21 PM

well in my own ignorant defense it was because I found this pic lol:

I assume the decal is aftermarket then?

71_Charger_R/T

Quote from: the_dude on January 19, 2011, 01:27:41 PM

I have no idea what its from, or what its worth.  all I know is some friends have called it a power bulge hood and said it comes off of 440-6pack cars only from the factory?

Is that a Mustang hood behind that Road Runner hood?

Cooter

Quote from: the_dude on January 19, 2011, 06:46:44 PM

Back in the day, people would order/buy those "440+6" decals and put 'em on everything from Valve covers to hoods...The stripe is correct, but the numbers are stuck on over top the stripe..."Power Bulge hood", "Bulge hood", "Roadrunner hood", etc. It's like Sure Grip/Posi/Limited slip/etc.. Everybody calls it something different, but they all mean the same thing....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

ACUDANUT

Quote from: the_dude on January 19, 2011, 06:46:44 PM

Not your fault. We all begin a education on Mopars at some point in our life.  73-74 Roadchickens never had that option (EPA and the insurance companies stopped that)...I believe the 71's were the last Factory 440 6 packs...  However, there may be 1-5 Roadrunners...atmost, that had them for the 72 model years.  :Twocents:

Cooter

"the_dude", Never be afraid to ask questions...I've learned that some here have a sense of humor that's about as dry as a martini.
Some are down right funny....You ask questions to learn...No one person knows it all, and this is why we are here.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

the_dude

Quote from: 71_Charger_R/T on January 19, 2011, 07:36:01 PM
Quote from: the_dude on January 19, 2011, 01:27:41 PM

Is that a Mustang hood behind that Road Runner hood?

yep, 71-73 ram-air hood and off to the left some 71-73 fenders.  thanks guys!

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!