News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

early 69 console top plates

Started by no40jm, January 28, 2011, 01:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

no40jm

What type of console top plate or shiftier knob goes in a early 1969 car? chrome or wood grain?
"If you chop your own fire wood it will warm you twice."
"The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right." HF

69CoronetRT

Quote from: no40jm on January 28, 2011, 01:32:13 PM
What type of console top plate or shiftier knob goes in a early 1969 car? chrome or wood grain?

If you are talking about a console automatic, wood grain top and chrome tulip knob. Also, define 'early' and what plant.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

no40jm

Built: August of 1968  Plant: Hamtramck, MI
"If you chop your own fire wood it will warm you twice."
"The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right." HF

69CoronetRT

Quote from: no40jm on January 28, 2011, 01:55:12 PM
Built: August of 1968  Plant: Hamtramck, MI

That early is a chrome tulip. There is a reference to the wood shifter knobs coming into service in about Oct (?) '69 but plants would have to use up what they had in stock too. I've seen Dec built STL cars with the tulip.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

kab69440

My 8/68 St. Louis car had a woodgrain knob on it. One could argue that considering the condition it was in when I took posession, it wasn't necessarily the original knob. Moot point, I guess considering he has a Hamtrammck car, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

maxwellwedge

My Daytona's have both styles.....I think the Dressler car had the chrome as well. The chrome was used right up to the end from what I've seen.....must have had a lot of stock to use up.

My first Canadian SE (665) had the chrome as well.

69_500

Has anyone seen a HEMI Daytona with a wood grain knob on it? Every one I have seen has been the chrome tuilip. As far as ones that haven't been messed with anyways.

jaak

My Charger was built 8-9-68, it had the correct '69 top plate, but a chrome '68 knob.

Jason