News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any advice on having your car used in media (movies, magazines, etc)?

Started by elanmars, January 18, 2011, 12:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elanmars

There's quite the movie business going on here in Louisiana and recently I applied as an extra on a movie. They asked what car I drive and told them I drive a 1969 Dodge Charger (it is my daily driver). Although they're looking more for low rider type cars, they are interested anyway.

Anything I should know, any advice, any members had their cars in commercials or movies or whatever before?

I'd appreciate it!

Even though it's running solid, in the "looks" department there was an incident a few months back in which now the car has a little battle damage to the lower back fender on the driver's side, which sucks but will be repaired soon (it had some minor bubbles there anyway). Could have been worse.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

bull

Don't expect anyone in the business to treat it as well as you do. Or as well as you'd like them to.

Cooter

AMEN! We had an actual Movie "Christine" used in a film a few years ago, and the movie people trashed the car...No respect for your ride or it's "Pedigrees"....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

police1

if you do get everything in writing and notarized! i have a car that was just used in a movie(not out till this summer). i did rent it out and basically made 5 times as much as what i paid for it and still got it back but i had them leave it the way it was when it was used in the movie so now i have a movie used screen car... :cheers:

SRT-440

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)