News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Superbird wing on ebay with strang wing braces.

Started by montana bird, January 14, 2011, 09:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

montana bird

Hi guys just saw this on ebay tonight. I don't know if it is what he claims it to be, but has the strangest wing braces I have ever seen.  I am guesssing they are home built.  :shruggy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mint-original-nos-1970-Plymouth-Superbird-wing-/300515031523?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1970%7CModel%3ASuperbird&hash=item45f81779e3

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

DAY CLONA

Never seen anything like that before?........but the wing looks like a nice piece

BTW,...Mr M, you headlight doors are on their way....be there 1/21

kw mopar

Daytona R/T SE

This post makes me wonder if Stuart's wing will show up on E-bay someday,

disguised in spray bomb flat black   :shruggy:

montana bird

The wing looks good, but I would bet money on the braces being home built. I have not seen one with a turn buckle before. Seen the petty style with cables. But could be wrong :scratchchin:

FJ5WING

no need to bet Montana Bird, there is  nothing original about the wing supports.
wingless now, but still around.

moparstuart

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on January 15, 2011, 12:13:35 AM
This post makes me wonder if Stuart's wing will show up on E-bay someday,

disguised in spray bomb flat black   :shruggy:
:2thumbs: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

reminder  here is what it looked like before being stolen
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

chargermike

i would like to wing my 70. could someone post a link to who makes fiberglass wings and about how much a complete with supports would cost.  or do they make alum. wings still. thanks.

sound5262

about 1800.00 plus shipping. ted janek in texas 281-379-2828 www.wingedwarriorbodyparts.com   i think you'll find that most everybody likes his stuff.it is reinforced with alluminum and will hold up. i'm putting his kit on right now and haven't fun into problems as far as the wing is concerned.

hotrod98

Janek builds great fiberglass wings. He uses aluminum inserts for strength. Well worth the money.

If needed, I sell wing braces for $75 plus $15 shipping in the U.S. 48. The uprights are identical to Superbirds and the base brackets can be altered slightly to work on Superbirds.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

montana bird

I Have some wing braces made by larry (hotrod98) you will love them, and at that price even better! :2thumbs:

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

Quotewow pricey for fiber glass

that's what i thought

mauve66

i got an aluminum one from Dane, very nice piece

i had to cut it in half for my project though, scariest day in my life
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

BigBlockSam

hotrod98

As far as I know, Dane still doesn't make Superbird wings, just Daytona wings. I was thinking that Janeks's wings were slightly cheaper than that. Seems like the last one I priced was $1600 but he may have gone up. I just sold my extra real Superbird wing. I sure hope I dont end up regretting that.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

mauve66

Quote from: hotrod98 on January 16, 2011, 01:07:24 PM
As far as I know, Dane still doesn't make Superbird wings, just Daytona wings. I was thinking that Janeks's wings were slightly cheaper than that. Seems like the last one I priced was $1600 but he may have gone up. I just sold my extra real Superbird wing. I sure hope I dont end up regretting that.

Quote from: hotrod98 on January 16, 2011, 01:07:24 PM

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:
pay attention robert!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

nascarxx29

I got a set of odd braces like this from a wing I bought at a swap meet .Someone had copied the wing gaskets in 1/4 steel and used them as wing washers.And had nothing else
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701