News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A nice day to take the ole' C500 out for a cruise and check out some muscle.

Started by hemi68charger, December 31, 2005, 08:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Went over to my friend's shop to help him do some rearranging, particularly, moving my '68 Hemi Charger R/T to the other production side so he can jump on it some more... Is there light at the end of my never-ending '68 project.....  At his shop there's a very nice '68 Charger R/T and a Boss 351 Mustang ragtop.....  Here's my lil' day...  in Texas.............

Troy

1. Gas'in up...
2. The Boss and '68...
3. quarter.. But more importantly, it's out of it's cubby-hole and out in the open !!!!!!  There is HOPE !!!!
4. Well,, ya know..........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi68charger

On my way home.....  What a goofy look.....  Man, I need to trim that beard...........    :icon_smile_big:

The end.....

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

ChargerAndy

Nice pics Troy! Nice weather in Texas too! Pretty crummy wet, slushy and cold up here in NY   :rotz:   Enjoy it! Andy

Don't be too hard on yourself with that goofy look comment, it's obviously due to the G-Forces youre pullin with that HEMI   :drive:   j/k   :icon_smile_big:

R2

Nice looking cars ....... got love that weather,,,,,,
I am in Kentucky,,,and had my Charger out today as well........  :icon_smile_wink:

Charger_Fan

Geez, it looks warm there!! :moon:  :icon_smile_big:
Do you have any more pics of your HEMI car's progress? At least the pogress is still in forward motion, right? ;D

Oh & to further affirm that you're really no Ferd guy...that's not a Boss351, it's got '70 Mach-1 hood stripes on a 69 convertible hood (they made no Mach-1's as convertible's...69, 70 or otherwise) :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69_500

Man Troy, how often do you take Dana out for a spin? Just kidding, I think I take the 500 out just about 2-3 times a week during the summer up here. It just always makes me notice how much I do drive it when it gets to be winter time, and its parked and I haven't drove it in a few weeks.

2fast4u

Hey Troy

I have a question for ya.....The pic of yourself, I noticed your steering wheel.   Is it the stock wheel for your car?  Nothin' wrong with it of course. I just thought the 1969 Charger 500 would have the sporty steering wheel instead of the one down the middle....ya know!

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

Johnny SixPack

Yeah, we've been blessed with some great weather lately.

Supposed to be in the low 80s for the next couple days.

Been driving Gina around since she's finally on the road. :2thumbs:

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

hemi68charger

Quote from: 2fast4u on December 31, 2005, 11:50:08 PM
Hey Troy

I have a question for ya.....The pic of yourself, I noticed your steering wheel.   Is it the stock wheel for your car?  Nothin' wrong with it of course. I just thought the 1969 Charger 500 would have the sporty steering wheel instead of the one down the middle....ya know!

2fast

Nope.... Charger 500's were nothing more than Charger R/T's pulled off the assembly line... They included/or not, all other options on any other Charger....

Troy
Troy

69charger2002

looks like fun. i was working on mine all day, but didn't go cruising. is that smitty's place troy?
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

topduarte

Family and I were in Houston yesterday and today!!  Yes it was warm!!  Took the wife to IKEA for here XMAS, wedding anniversaary, birthday gift!!

Just got done, putting together some dining chairs for her!! ;D

Troy,  car looks good!!  So does the 68 R/T Hemi!!! :icon_smile_big:

Next time I am in the Houston area, I will holler at you!!

Happy New Year to all!!! :)

69_500

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on January 01, 2006, 12:31:25 AM
too bad it wasn't a rimblow steering wheel.

In a '69?..........  Don't think there's such a puppy............
Troy

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69charger2002 on January 01, 2006, 12:15:23 AM
looks like fun. i was working on mine all day, but didn't go cruising. is that smitty's place troy?
trav

Yeap,, that's his place..................................................  And yeap.... A wee bit of fun.....  Love pushing that 440 through the gears.. 
Troy

haueter66

Charger_Fan

Quote from: formula_440 on January 01, 2006, 12:00:06 AM

Supposed to be in the low 80s for the next couple days.

Jerk!! :moon:

hehhee ;D

BTW Troy, you still know more than me on Mopes. ;)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69charger2002

speaking of rim blow.. i picked this 70 up off ebay the other day.. it has the craziest options. V21 hood callouts, power windows, disc brakes, cruise control, plum crazy purple paint, passenger mirror, and last but not least, the rim blow steering wheel. 1 of 109 made, and this makes my second one. how weird
trav

69charger2002

Ghoste

Damned Texas weather.  My folks spend six months of the year in San Benito so I'm a little tired of the Texas weather comparisons.
Being said, nice cars Troy.

jaak

It was a nice day in Alabama today, too.... but I don't have a 500 to cruise around in, So Troy you can send your beautiful 500 over here and I'll take it for a spin for ya, hee hee :D   j/k.   But serously man thats what this is all about this is why I cannot wait to get my car done, is to enjoy it like that looks like you had a good fun day :)

Jason

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 69charger2002 on January 01, 2006, 01:14:10 AM
speaking of rim blow.. i picked this 70 up off ebay the other day.. it has the craziest options. V21 hood callouts, power windows, disc brakes, cruise control, plum crazy purple paint, passenger mirror, and last but not least, the rim blow steering wheel. 1 of 109 made, and this makes my second one. how weird
trav
All those options & yet, a column shift...you're right, weird. I"LL TAKE IT! :wave: :smilielol:

Ghoste...hehe :lol:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Car is lookin good Troy!   how do you shift & drink coffee at the same time?   A seller on ebay sells cup holders for Chargers now! ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chris G.

Quote from: 69charger2002 on January 01, 2006, 01:14:10 AM
trav

Sounds like a cool car. Do you feel like registering any of those Chargers you have?  :icon_smile_wink:

RECHRGD

13.53 @ 105.32

69charger2002

shoot me an email burnt, i'll be glad to register them
charger69foster@yahoo.com