News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

dash 2

Started by el dub, January 13, 2011, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el dub

Does the dash come out w/o removing the steering column? Or does the black piece under column have to come out. See pic
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

FLG

Im pretty sure it just need to be dropped down, not removed completely.

el dub

Thanks FLG, I'll get them loose and see what happens. I was hoping I could undo the 2 with the white washers, or whatever that is, and get it loose but I dont know.

Finn

What year is it?
If its a 68 charger like mine there is a third white plastic piece. I find it easier to just take that out comepletely, then remove the two threaded studs sticking out. Dash likes to get hung up on them when you take it out.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

TylerCharger69

Black bracket  (should be three bolts)  needs to come off completely...but you don't necessarily have to unbolt the steering column from the firewall

charger2fast4u

When I took my dash out of my 68 my steering column is still bolted in and supported up as to how or what I had to remove I couldn't tell you as its been 4 years or so since I took it out this will be a task for me to put it all back together when the time comes  :brickwall:

el dub

Thanks for the replies, it looks like I do have to take off the black piece. I saw the piece Finn was talking about also and will remove that tommorrow and will probably have some more questions.