News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cabels door to body

Started by Petri., January 13, 2011, 02:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petri.

Hi, im making new door panels with speakers and dont have power windows, so the question is where in the door and body is the factory cabel holes when you got power windows,does someone have a pictures of it,here is a picture of what im doing.

/Petri

TylerCharger69

Whats cabels?  And....if you dont have power winows,  why do  you need pics of one with power windows?   There are no speaker holes in the door panels.....id incorporate them in the side kick panels instead  with a little fiberglass work...but that's just me

Piston_Freddy

I'm sure he means wires, he wants to no where the wires go on power windows, so he can put speaker wires there.I think.
Max rim size:15"

TylerCharger69

oh!!!  okay!!!   There should be a plastic body plug in the end of the door, and if not....there should be a divot where the hole should be.....You'll need a grommet  to seal it up though.  Also...the other hole going under the dash is behind the fender  and NOT  on the same side of the door light switch.   I didnt see the pic earlier  just a red "X"  but i see it now

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Petri.

Thank you guys, it is the wiring i meaned, i translated little bad.

/Petri

FLG

The pic was so small i dont think anyone noticed, after clicking on it i realized you did a beautiful job on that door  :2thumbs:

Petri.

Thanks,i will post a couple more when they are finished.

/Petri

twodko

Very nice and clean fabrication Petri.  :2thumbs:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

bill440rt

Nice job!  :cheers:

Petri, finding the original rubber hoses for the wiring in decent shape might be tough. My audio installer simply used current "generic" fluted rubber tubing, stuff he uses when installing aftermarket systems in newer cars. Holes were drilled in the dimples in the door shell, and again on the pillars. Made running the wires nice & easy.

BTW, putting speakers in the kick panels on these cars will be difficult, I did a lot of research on this. Even when using the most shallow speaker I could find, they still would not clear the parking brake pedal on the driver's side. There's also not enough clearance in the recess on the A-pillars for the speaker magnets. Doors or dash is your best bet.
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Petri.

Yes i noticed that whit the brake pedal,it is impossible if you want it to be good and nice at the same time,door is good,it is a pretty big oem hole behind the speaker.

Petri.

Right side pretty finished so far,maby recover the armrests or buy new ones.

/Petri.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Petri. on January 27, 2011, 12:35:42 PM
Right side pretty finished so far,maby recover the armrests or buy new ones.

/Petri.

Nice work!   I agree the arm rests look way out of place on those door panels...I think you need to make up some new ones
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Nacho-RT74

sure it looks NICE...

Now, wondering about the window crank clearence ? ???
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

FLG

Nice catch nacho!! Looks great but that might be a problem  :scratchchin:

Petri.

Im going to make a nice plastic cover there with a hole and make a longer window handle that i only use when taking the windows up or down,the same handle for to doors,its not easy to build sound in old cars if you want good sound.

/ Petri

Nacho-RT74

I guessed you were to build something like that, but just wanting to know, to be sure if it was planed and how was the plan
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Petri.

The plan was to make it like this,no cutting in the door and from that it was easy to get the place for the speaker,that is the only place if you dont want to cut anything,and not too big part where the speaker is screwed,wanted to get similar look as the car, so thst it dont stand out to much when you open the door.

/Petri

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Petri. on January 28, 2011, 01:03:21 AM
Im going to make a nice plastic cover there with a hole and make a longer window handle that i only use when taking the windows up or down,the same handle for to doors,its not easy to build sound in old cars if you want good sound.

/ Petri

Find a decent looking ratchet (socket wrench) and modify it to use as the window crank. Then you don't need to keep a long handled crank laying around and attach/remove it when it's needed. All you have to do is switch the ratchet to crank up or down.  :shruggy: :Twocents:

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.