News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just got back from my cruise...

Started by golden73, December 31, 2005, 08:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

golden73

Welp, just got back from a Carnival cruise to the carribean. After going on this cruise, it is safe to say that I will NEVER go on another cruise again. I'm not even sure I will leave the country again (minus Canada.)

The cruise was a terrible experience, it was extremely expensive, food was crappy, and people were very arrogant. The only good part was the weather.

We stopped at Cozumel; Grand Caymen; and Ocho Rios, Jamaica.

I will never go to Jamaica or Cozumel ever again. I was walking around Jamaica with my brother and we went to a market to get some authentic Jamaican bananas. Shortly thereafter, I got robbed  :flame:  :flame:  :flame:

I am sooooo freaking pissed right now, words cannot describe.

/end rant  :argue:

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Telvis

nh_mopar_fan

wow. that sucks.

we went on our first last November and had a great time. What cruise line did you go on? Grand Cayman and Key West.
We went on Celebrity. We're booked on Carnival for this November.

NHCharger

Sorry to hear that. My wife has been on two Disney Cruises. She said their great but agrees that many things that you think or assume are included in the cruise are extra, and everything on the ship is double or triple the cost of what it costs on land.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

golden73

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on January 01, 2006, 10:39:32 AM
wow. that sucks.

we went on our first last November and had a great time. What cruise line did you go on? Grand Cayman and Key West.
We went on Celebrity. We're booked on Carnival for this November.

It was the Carnival Triumph

Quote from: NHCharger on January 01, 2006, 11:10:08 AM
Sorry to hear that. My wife has been on two Disney Cruises. She said their great but agrees that many things that you think or assume are included in the cruise are extra, and everything on the ship is double or triple the cost of what it costs on land.

I have heard good things about the Disney cruises. But my cruise just had too many flaws and ruined the whole experience of it for me. The cheapest alcoholic drink on the boat was $4.75   and that is before they charge the 15% gratuity  :rotz:

nh_mopar_fan

Yeah, they really whack you on the booze. We brought some on board so we limited our exposure and still spend about $75 a day.

golden73

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on January 01, 2006, 12:20:36 PM
Yeah, they really whack you on the booze. We brought some on board so we limited our exposure and still spend about $75 a day.

They confinscate all liquor and beer that you buy at the ports when you stop, and then give it back to you on the last day.

Good thing I was still able to smuggle 2 bottles of vodka and 1 bottle of jamaican white rum  :D

Man I am going to hate to see what my bank account looks like  ::)

nh_mopar_fan

Yeah, we knew about that. My parents are big cruisers. We smuggled on enough Cuervo and triple sec and mix to drink margs all week.

CB

would they confiscate the Jamaican 'herbs' too?
It'll be less difficult then to hide those rum bottles :)
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

golden73

Quote from: CB on January 01, 2006, 12:51:55 PM

They wont take the "herbs" unless you have a big chunk of metal in there. The entire boat wreaked of it before we got back to the Miami port. The cruise director was warning everyone about the dogs at customs.... so people had to get rid of it somehow  ;)

Charger_Fan

Quote from: golden73 on January 01, 2006, 12:55:02 PM
Quote from: CB on January 01, 2006, 12:51:55 PM

They wont take the "herbs" unless you have a big chunk of metal in there. The entire boat wreaked of it before we got back to the Miami port.
That's friggin' funny! :smilielol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Silver R/T

might as well stay home and enjoy what you got
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

RD

sorry to hear that, I will have to show this post to my wife.  she is wanting to go on a cruise.  I guess I will convince her to take one of those alaskan cruises :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

red72chrgr

:o I sure hope our cruise goes better!!! We're supposed to go on a cruise in Oct. with a very large(250-300 person) group. The cruise is sponsored by a national radio show. If it doesn't, the host will hear from me and others I'm sure. BTW, it's mainly truckers going  ;D
Nothing personal, just business

BigBlackDodge

Our office went on one back in 2000..............had a great time! Ours was with Royal Carribean, nice boat. I think on the next cruise I will just skip the off boat excursions....that's were they screw you. We stopped in Nasua (sp?) for a day and we decided to go over to Atlantis (huge hotel) about a mile or so away. It cost a fortune just to get a taxi to get us there....everyone had there hand out. :-\

The funniest thing was when we were leaving the boat. We were walking into customs when a couple rolling pack suddenly started to ooze foam everywhere! They had a couple bottles of champaign that had broke inside the pack.............what a mess! :icon_smile_big:

BBD

golden73

Quote from: red72chrgr on January 02, 2006, 03:37:49 PM
:o I sure hope our cruise goes better!!! We're supposed to go on a cruise in Oct. with a very large(250-300 person) group. The cruise is sponsored by a national radio show. If it doesn't, the host will hear from me and others I'm sure. BTW, it's mainly truckers going ;D

Is Carnival the cruise company? Hope not for your sake. I am in the process of writing a letter to send to Carnival... I wonder how they will respond.

Silver R/T

I guess money would've been spent better on Charger or something else huh
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

golden73

Quote from: Silver R/T on January 02, 2006, 05:25:50 PM
I guess money would've been spent better on Charger or something else huh

:yesnod:

Rocky

I went to Cozumel a couple years ago.  Why is it that you wont go back?  That place is awesome.  I don't know what the experience is like being on a cruise ship.  The only way you will get me on a ship is to pay me, because that is what I do for a living.  Anytime you arrive at a port on a cruise, the local shops raise their rates by about 10X.  Next time just spend a week at an all inclusive resort.

nh_mopar_fan

We've done the all-inclusive as well. Barcelo Barvaro Palace in Punta Cana in the Dominican. It was awesome. I'd go back in a second. But, it was also MUCH more. We went in January which is pretty close to the height of the season and it was just over 3 grand each.

Our last cruise costs us around $1500 for everything for both of us.

The one we booked for next Nov is just over $300 per person plus airfare. That's a tough deal to beat.

4402tuff4u

I personally would never set foot on Jamaica. I was told once that you should never leave the resort's property when on vacation in Jamaica. Danger of mugging, theft or your spouse being sexually assaulted.  :flame:  No thanks! I'll go on vacation here in the states. I know, no guarantee's that wont happen here, but I'll take my chances here. 
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

CFMopar

I guess its worth it to find an all inclusive cruise and cough up the extra coin...
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

smasherofall

Quote from: golden73 on December 31, 2005, 08:07:35 PM
Welp, just got back from a Carnival cruise to the carribean. After going on this cruise, it is safe to say that I will NEVER go on another cruise again. I'm not even sure I will leave the country again (minus Canada.)

The cruise was a terrible experience, it was extremely expensive, food was crappy, and people were very arrogant. The only good part was the weather.

We stopped at Cozumel; Grand Caymen; and Ocho Rios, Jamaica.

I will never go to Jamaica or Cozumel ever again. I was walking around Jamaica with my brother and we went to a market to get some authentic Jamaican bananas. Shortly thereafter, I got robbed   :flame:   :flame:   :flame:

I am sooooo freaking pissed right now, words cannot describe.

/end rant   :argue:

I went on that same cruise 2 yrs ago, it left out of New Orleans. It was the coldest January there in 20 yrs. Jamaica does suck, the people there were like leaches, wouldn't leave you alone. Cozumel and Grand Caymen I had a good time and we spent 1 extra day in New Orleans and had a blast.

Orange_Crush

I would never step foot on a cruise ship.  They are giant floating kettles of filth and, as almost all of them are of Panamanian, Bahamian, or Liberian registry, they have to conform to the very bare minimum of safety and sanitation regs....

Sure are pretty though.

I went to an all-inclusive in Jamaica and had a great time.  We stayed on resrt grounds because there was plenty for us to do there (mostly smoking weed and relaxing).

The only times I left resort property was to go on a resort-sponsored shopping excursion (I needed a pipe) and to walk 2 feet outside the resort fence to buy some kind bud.

I later learned that if you are a fairly generous tipper, someone will go on a "run" for you.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.