News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Greetings From Tampa....and who's got the Talladega?

Started by Kismgby, January 10, 2011, 11:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kismgby

Recently I had to move to Tampa for work.  Funny to see vintage cars out on the street in January!  Even FUNNIER to hear folks tell me they're cold at 52 deg.  LOL.  But I digress...
Driving north on I75 yesterday, I spotted a burgandy Talladega on a trailer headed south. 
Anyone we know? 

Go figure....I get relo to Florida right before the Power Tour STARTS in Cocoa Beach.  Finding it painful to do the math calculating the gas expense of driving the 'tona from my house in Illinois, to Florida to start the tour to end up in Detroit!   :rotz:

Sigh. 

b5blue

Welcome to the area! I'm across the bay from you. You'll find lots of good vintage iron running around down here where the snow don't blow.  :lol:

b5blue

66 degrees today, sunny. Think I'll fire up the 440 and punch the six pack some....... :coolgleamA: 

hotrod98

We drove our bird to go get lunch on Saturday and then we were hit with snow on Sunday. Won't be able to get back out for a few days now. Just waiting for this whole one inch of snow to melt. I hate snow. I already have cabin fever.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

maxwellwedge

Quote from: b5blue on January 11, 2011, 12:29:59 PM
66 degrees today, sunny. Think I'll fire up the 440 and punch the six pack some....... :coolgleamA: 

Thanks Neal!   :slap:       :lol:

b5blue

:cheers:  I decided to wait, I'm off this week and it will be warmer tomorrow.  :nana:

69_500

Hey if you need someone to watch over your Daytona while your down in Floriday give me a shout. I'll gladly bring it down here to my place for you Joann.

Charger RT

Welcome to the state. I'm a few counties east in Highlands county. Older vehicles are still daily drivers here. At work we have 2 guys 1 drives a 78 ford F150 as a daily driver the other a mid 50's chevy pickup. I try to drive my charger the 20 miles each way once a month.I missed for a couple of months last year so i drove it for a week.
Tim

Kismgby

Don't think I didn't consider taking the 'tona down for my daily driver, but making the move in December meant too much uncertainty between Chicago and Tampa.  I still have my bike to move.  The thought of THAT ride on a sporty is something I'm not looking forward to any time soon.  I'm less than 20 miles from home to office and it takes me about an HOUR!  I'd be filling up the 'tona every other day at this rate.  But I would be stylin..... :coolgleamA:

I've seen GM's around but nothing from the Mopar family so far.  I saw in the paper that there's some type of car show deal this weekend but I'll be headed back to Chgo for the long weekend.  Figures eh?  I heard there's some Mopar club around here somewhere.  Have to find out where they hide. 

b5blue

Florida West Coast Mopars, You gotta go to Biff Burger on a Friday night.(Someone is always there from the club then) (In St. Pete.) I'll get you more info if I can.  :2thumbs: (I'm not much of a "joiner" but there's lots of things going on, Quaker Steak and Lube is another spot)

Kismgby

I just like the idea of saying I went to a "Biff Burger"!  Send details when you have a chance.

....and Danny....I appreciate the offer.   :icon_smile_wink:

69_500

I'll swap a set of 2.76 gears into my 500 and you can take that down there for a Daily driver and I'll keep the Daytona up here in Indiana for ya. :)

If I didn't keep pestering you about the car I'd begin to lose the reputation I have built up over the years of so desperately wanting a Daytona. Even my son who is now 7 knows that I've been wanting a Daytona for 29 years now. Maybe by next year.

b5blue

b5blue

www.thelube.com    (From this page navigate to the only one in Florida and your good to go.)
My buddy Jeff brings his matching set of 69 and 2009 red R/T's here sometimes.