News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Engine Dyno NYC area

Started by FLG, January 12, 2011, 03:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLG

Any reputable*** engine dyno places around the NYC area?? I dont just want HP and TQ numbers, id like my new 440 broken in and tuned so when i put it in the car i can drive off into the sunset (or snow if this weather keeps up LOL) im sure with the cars around today a lot of places are used to plugging in a computer and it doing the work for them, so id like to make sure these people know old iron and more importantly know old Mopar iron.

I dont mind taking a few hour trip if that means ill be getting quality work, but if theres one close it would be a nice (and a change from the normal 5hr ride i need to drive to get any parts)

Im hoping to get the engine buttoned up within a month or so.

Thanks Guys!

Old Moparz

Quote from: FLG on January 12, 2011, 03:42:00 AM
Any reputable*** engine dyno places around the NYC area?? I dont just want HP and TQ numbers, id like my new 440 broken in and tuned so when i put it in the car i can drive off into the sunset (or snow if this weather keeps up LOL) im sure with the cars around today a lot of places are used to plugging in a computer and it doing the work for them, so id like to make sure these people know old iron and more importantly know old Mopar iron.

I dont mind taking a few hour trip if that means ill be getting quality work, but if theres one close it would be a nice (and a change from the normal 5hr ride i need to drive to get any parts)

Im hoping to get the engine buttoned up within a month or so.

Thanks Guys!

Frank, there's a place just 10 minutes from where I am in Newburgh, called "Romar". I personally have never used them, but they had an open house a few years ago & had the dyno set up & ready to use. I was there asking about some trailer tie downs & didn't stay, but they were helpful. If you don't find anything closer, you were up here for that car cruise & already have an idea of how far it is.

No website I can find, but here is a story in the local paper I found....

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061208/LIFE/612110306/-1/LIFE02
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

jb666

Frank, if you don't find a place, I'll hook you up with my guys. They are 5 minutes from Jon's shop... You can grab your new tires, too  :icon_smile_big:

GTXtreme

I thinks there's a few out on the island, if u remind me this weekend ill ask a friend of mine if he still has one in his shop in Deer Park.

FLG

Thanks Guys!

Jeff, answer the damn text i sent you  :pity: