News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AMD CHARGER BODY ON ANOTHER CAR ?

Started by skip68, January 07, 2011, 08:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

I have seen a thread about 69 body on a newer charger chassis.  I think it was Joey's thread. Anyway, I was looking at my car last night and thinking what other car had the same wheel base.  Any car that would work and be cheap would be a great poor mans project.  I know it's crazy and it's probably my pain pills kicking in but I was just thinking how cheap you could build one for so on the outside it would look real...  ?????????.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

bull

Mike DC

The wheelbase of a 2nd-gen is 117" long.  I dunno what has that length offhand but it's within range of a midsize sports sedan. 

There are quite a few cars like that in general.  But the options shrink dramatically once you stipulate that it be an American-made V8/RWD platform.   

skip68

I was tired and on pain pills guys.  Looking at it now I see just how stupid this idea was.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

dkn1997

what you are suggesting isn't that much different than what was done on gowdy's thread.  If you think about it, when you put the 2nd gen charger on the 09 charger platform, you are pretty much tossing all of the chargers structure anyway. 

It would be interesting to see all of the AMD parts tac welded together.  if you added up the cost of the AMD panels...just the major ones, tail panel, roof, dutchman, full quarters, doors, front fenders, hood... that's what, 10 panels that probably average 600 each by the time you add up the ones that are more and the ones that are less... 6 grand there.  The roof would be tricky since to do the full body to body swap, you keep that stuff.   still interesting since any charger you would consider using for this would probably require most of that AMD stuff anyway. 
RECHRGED

bull

The Lincoln Town Car has a 117" wheelbase. I bet some of those big BMW and Mercedes cars would be similar too,

dkn1997

Quote from: skip68 on January 09, 2011, 08:46:50 PM
I was tired and on pain pills guys.  Looking at it now I see just how stupid this idea was.   

I tried that line the day after my wedding, skip.... didn't work to well for me.
RECHRGED