News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Numbers matching, How to?

Started by SpudRacer, January 14, 2011, 05:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpudRacer

Can anyone direct me exactly where to look to see if my 1969 Charger R/T SE is "numbers matching" for the engine, tranny, and rear end?

Thanks guys..

Tom
Tom
Bryson City, NC
69' Charger R/T SE Turquoise

69chargerrt440

For the motor, look on the block near the oil pan on the passenger side, there should be a stamp plate with some numbers on it. Those numbers should match the last digits of the Vin and Fender Tag.  :2thumbs:  Good luck.
When your Charger is sideways, just give it more gas!

vancamp

as said above engine is on passenger side by the oil pan flange could have entire vin or partial, tranny will have a flat machined area as well with numbers, rear has no vin just a date code on the axle tube, then the vin on the dash,fender tag and trunk rail

maxwellwedge

Also tell us what is on the top pad of the engine.
In this example you will see:
E = Series - 1969

440  = 440

4  8   =  April 8th engine assembly date

HP  = High Performance
2 = 2nd Shift

SpudRacer

Tom
Bryson City, NC

maxwellwedge

4-Speed or Auto?

Engine Pad

bakerhillpins

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

SpudRacer

Tom
Bryson City, NC