News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Engrish!!! DoYu RiTe It/!!

Started by Brock Samson, January 10, 2011, 01:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

:slap:

theres theis thing spelled "spell check",.. lilol button, down below this 'er box whet you slam on the puter wif yur cast...
try us it so wbe abal too understan

twodko

I hear you Brock. Spell Check is such any easy tool to use.....just click the button!
Come on members, lets push using the "Spell Check" feature.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

chargd72

Can we have a grammar button too?  Because someone might write "LETS push using the 'spell check' feature" instead of "Let's push using the 'spell check' feature.   ;)

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

Brock Samson

Quote from: chargd72 on January 10, 2011, 02:04:11 PM
Can we have a grammar button too?  Because someone might write "LETS push using the 'spell check' feature" instead of "Let's push using the 'spell check' feature.   ;)
actually it's "Lettuce"..  :shruggy:

I'm wondering if maybe they're (they are) (nearly) blind or at least unable to see the keyboard, I'm imagining huge gnarled hands and fingers missing from the misuse of tinsnips?.. I guess would type like that if I couldn't see the keyboard in fact I'm sure.. I but it's pretty annoying to have to twist my feeble lill old mind into pretzels attempting decipher someones posts -  :brickwall:   folks who obviously make no attempt to even try to correct the dozens of mistakes made in virtually every sentence... I tried to write so folks can understand... but maybe they just missed school...  :shruggy:
I'm gonna hit spell check now cause I see I made a few spelling mistakes... cause I'm not perfect as you may have noticed...  :misbehaving: 'n That's the problem when folks don't take responsibility for their messes.

And - punching a bunch of smilies don't make your posts any more lucid.... look it up!  :slap:

RECHRGD

We also need a feature to decode the ever increasing abbreviations brought on by all the texting.
13.53 @ 105.32

Brock Samson

And again, it's not the letter of the law but the spirit of the law.  :RantExplode:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Letter_and_spirit_of_the_law

translatkin:
 ain't the krossing of the tee azmuch as the effart to makes it understoodable...

stripedelete

Quote from: chargd72 on January 10, 2011, 02:04:11 PM
Can we have a grammar button too?  Because someone might write "LETS push using the 'spell check' feature" instead of "Let's push using the 'spell check' feature.   ;)

Niiiice! Chargd72, I'm picturing you hanging from the rim with both hands right now.

I also have to give Brock some "recovery points" for that most clever "Lettuce" reponse.

As far as grammer goes, the great Steve Martin (comedian, not actor) said it best with, "some people have a way with words and some people,,, not,,,have,,way....."

:lol: :lol:

nvrbdn

Quote from: RECHRGD on January 10, 2011, 02:13:24 PM
We also need a feature to decode the ever increasing abbreviations brought on by all the texting.

:iagree: dont need the texter fingers here. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

68coronetGLwannabe

I am guilty of misuse of the English language, run on sentences, and improper punctuation. I consider myself to be somewhat literate, but no English major. I try and use spell check and hope for the best.

Someone's spell check was broke on this day.  :D

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,66694.0.html

"Vinyl"   :cheers:
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

Brock Samson

yeah "vinyl" that's one I always have problems with, also steering "column". there's a few others too,..  :shruggy:

but i don't just go around making up my own spelling, grammar and punctuation rules, unless of course it's Lettuce and General lee witch are spelling miss steaks used to signal it's all in fun...  :yesnod: the "...s" are more like how the words are spoken or is it Spokane"?

Manfred318

yOO meen deers uh butten fer chekin yor spelin. :shruggy:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

68coronetGLwannabe

I had to Goggle "Welp" and "Prolly". Two of my favorites. Now I know.
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

Brock Samson

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on January 10, 2011, 02:55:39 PM
I had to Goggle "Welp" and "Prolly". Two of my favorites. Now I know.

oh yeah, those to.  :smilielol:

nvrbdn

tehy say taht you wlil siltl be albe to raed tihs no mtetar waht oerdr the lteetrs are in jsut as lnog as the frsit and lsat lteetrs are rgiht.  :shruggy: ya tinhk
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

skip68

Great! After trying to read all this crap I got a headache! Lol! Mrs.skip68
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Brock Samson

Oh!.. and anudder think!!!// howabouts leafing somespace  betwext the whurds!!  :RantExplode:   :brickwall:  :icon_smile_wink:

twodko

Spelling first, grammar later. Lettuce all just get along  :nana:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

MoparManJim

Okay, I'll throw myself out in front of that bus that is coming right now down the street... I'm guilty.   

Dans 68

Dave,

As much as I hold out hope that we are all budding, and, hopefully, someday, blossoming Bill Buckleys, I realize that that old axiom "you can bring a horse to water..." still holds water. If some members want to drink kool-aid instead then they have made their bed, and all we can do, as lamp-holders of linguistic accuracy, is ask that they change their sheets once in a blue moon. Capisci?  :icon_smile_wink:

I have to admit, though, that sometimes I correct posts if I have quoted them. Just doesn't feel right not to.... :D

All that being said, intent is everything;)

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Brock Samson

I realize of course that some guys are absolute masters of automotive engineering but may not have approached a keyboard prior to this past Christmas, But then, there's the little pearls of wisdom...  :eek2:
  Oh, but for the want of some rudimentary "Quality Control", but the cats out of the barn the bats have flown the freebell and Bessie?.. she's just ain'ta commin' back.  :-\

b5blue

I'm using the most gooderist word I can!  :lol:

TUFCAT

I'm glad this thread exists - bad spelling on this site (or any other) makes the author appear less credible about the subject, or just plain uneducated.

skip68

I don't even no wat youse guys are talkin bout. ??????.   I thingk most of's us typ okay but some's of's us dont and that makes me feel bad that we all can't do gooder and if we try...  The other day my friends came over in a blue car but they always driving a red car so I didn't know who it was but then when he opened the door I sawl him and I said why he's drivin a blue car and he said the red car got broke and he got the blue car now.....  That was funny because he likes red cars and not blue but now he is drive blue car and not red...  Hahaha.  I told him he could pain blue car red and make the car red that way he will drive a red car again and not have to be in a blue car but he said ok.   scooby doo is my best cartoon and if you want to no why I will tell youse.  When I was little I usedto see tv all the time but one day at my grandmas house, she had a blue car too because she likeded blue from when she was a little kid back in school she had a blue pensil and after that evry thing had to be blue. But anyway I say scooby doo at her house and I new I likeded it since then.  Do you guys want to no what my favborit color is???????
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TUFCAT

Brock Samson

Quote from: skip68 on January 10, 2011, 04:25:50 PM
I don't even no wat youse guys are talkin bout. ??????.   I thingk most of's us typ okay but some's of's us dont and that makes me feel bad that we all can't do gooder and if we try...  The other day my friends came over in a blue car but they always driving a red car so I didn't know who it was but then when he opened the door I sawl him and I said why he's drivin a blue car and he said the red car got broke and he got the blue car now.....  That was funny because he likes red cars and not blue but now he is drive blue car and not red...  Hahaha.  I told him he could pain blue car red and make the car red that way he will drive a red car again and not have to be in a blue car but he said ok.   scooby doo is my best cartoon and if you want to no why I will tell youse.  When I was little I usedto see tv all the time but one day at my grandmas house, she had a blue car too because she likeded blue from when she was a little kid back in school she had a blue pensil and after that evry thing had to be blue. But anyway I say scooby doo at her house and I new I likeded it since then.  Do you guys want to no what my favborit color is???????

Okey dokey Skipper I fixed it right furya,,,,

I don't evenno wat,,,,,, youse guys er talkin bout :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:. .   I  thingk most ofs us typ ok  but some's ofs us dont and that makes me feel bad that we all can't do gooder and if we try,,,,the other day my friends came over in a blue car but theyz always driveing a red car so I dont know who it was,,,,,,,, :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy: but then when he opened the door I sawl him and I said why he's drivin a blue car and he said the red car got broke and he got the blue car now.....  That was funny causelike he yekewlikes red cars and not blue but know he is drive blu car and not rod...  Hahaha.  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  I told him he could pain blu car red and make the car red,,,that ways he will gonnadrive a red car again and not have to bein a blu car but he said ok.   scoobydoo is my best cartoon and if you want too no why I will tell youseguys,,,,,,,   When I was little I usedto sea tv all the time layin to clthes too duhtv onthe rug ::) ::) ::)but one day at my grandmas house, she had a blue car too because she likeded blu from when she was a little kid back in duoneromschoolhomeschool wheras she had a blu pensil,,,, and after that evry thing had to be blu. But anyway I say scoobydoo at herd house and I new I likeded it since then.  Do you guys want to no what my favborit color is? update comin sooon,,,, :lol: :lol: :cheers: :shortbus:

Brock Samson

sorry  ;) ;) ;)i meant to say clothes buti  sphelt   it clthes,,,, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txi94A5tJWQ

skip68

What he said x10...  Now you all can see just how much work it is for Brock to correct everything so it's clear and makes sense.  Ha ha ha...

djcarguy

;) :o ::) :cheers: :cheers: :'( :icon_smile_angry: :popcrn: :icon_smile_dissapprove: :icon_smile_cool: :icon_smile_blackeye: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA: :brickwall: :rofl: :slap: :Twocents: :shruggy: :shruggy:   iys putz da besta wrords iys kan ons hair causs iyes duh bun edda cakated als da waays ta da ated gurade :2thumbs:mes bees ah onural studant ats prospeckt hy skool :D :Twocents: :hah: :nana:

Darkman

I love this thread well done Brock!  :2thumbs:

Thanks Skip, I actually laughed out loud (lol'd  :rofl: ) reading your post. You must have channelled someone's spirit  :rofl:

PS: What irks me is when people use lol'd for "LAUGHED OUT LOUD". When if represented correctly (ie LOL = Laugh Out Loud) means LAUGH OUT LOUDED  :smilielol:
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

RECHRGD

Quote from: Brock Samson on January 10, 2011, 04:37:30 PM
I don't even no wat youse guys are talkin bout. ??????.   I thingk most of's us typ okay but some's of's us dont and that makes me feel bad that we all can't do gooder and if we try...  The other day my friends came over in a blue car but they always driving a red car so I didn't know who it was but then when he opened the door I sawl him and I said why he's drivin a blue car and he said the red car got broke and he got the blue car now.....  That was funny because he likes red cars and not blue but now he is drive blue car and not red...  Hahaha.  I told him he could pain blue car red and make the car red that way he will drive a red car again and not have to be in a blue car but he said ok.   scooby doo is my best cartoon and if you want to no why I will tell youse.  When I was little I usedto see tv all the time but one day at my grandmas house, she had a blue car too because she likeded blue from when she was a little kid back in school she had a blue pensil and after that evry thing had to be blue. But anyway I say scooby doo at her house and I new I likeded it since then.  Do you guys want to no what my favborit color is???????

Not picking on anybody in particular there, are we boys?

I don't evenno wat,,,,,, youse guys er talkin bout :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:. .   I  thingk most ofs us typ ok  but some's ofs us dont and that makes me feel bad that we all can't do gooder and if we try,,,,the other day my friends came over in a blue car but theyz always driveing a red car so I dont know who it was,,,,,,,, :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy: but then when he opened the door I sawl him and I said why he's drivin a blue car and he said the red car got broke and he got the blue car now.....  That was funny causelike he yekewlikes red cars and not blue but know he is drive blu car and not rod...  Hahaha.  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  I told him he could pain blu car red and make the car red,,,that ways he will gonnadrive a red car again and not have to bein a blu car but he said ok.   scoobydoo is my best cartoon and if you want too no why I will tell youseguys,,,,,,,   When I was little I usedto sea tv all the time layin to clthes too duhtv onthe rug ::) ::) ::)but one day at my grandmas house, she had a blue car too because she likeded blu from when she was a little kid back in duoneromschoolhomeschool wheras she had a blu pensil,,,, and after that evry thing had to be blu. But anyway I say scoobydoo at herd house and I new I likeded it since then.  Do you guys want to no what my favborit color is? update comin sooon,,,, :lol: :lol: :cheers: :shortbus:
13.53 @ 105.32

Dans 68

Quote from: RECHRGD on January 10, 2011, 05:38:16 PM
Quote from: Brock Samson on January 10, 2011, 04:37:30 PM

Not picking on anybody in particular there, are we boys?

I don't evenno wat,,,,,, youse guys er talkin bout :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:. .   I  thingk most ofs us typ ok  but some's ofs us dont and that makes me feel bad that we all can't do gooder and if we try,,,,the other day my friends came over in a blue car but theyz always driveing a red car so I dont know who it was,,,,,,,, :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy: but then when he opened the door I sawl him and I said why he's drivin a blue car and he said the red car got broke and he got the blue car now.....  That was funny causelike he yekewlikes red cars and not blue but know he is drive blu car and not rod...  Hahaha.  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  I told him he could pain blu car red and make the car red,,,that ways he will gonnadrive a red car again and not have to bein a blu car but he said ok.   scoobydoo is my best cartoon and if you want too no why I will tell youseguys,,,,,,,   When I was little I usedto sea tv all the time layin to clthes too duhtv onthe rug ::) ::) ::)but one day at my grandmas house, she had a blue car too because she likeded blu from when she was a little kid back in duoneromschoolhomeschool wheras she had a blu pensil,,,, and after that evry thing had to be blu. But anyway I say scoobydoo at herd house and I new I likeded it since then.  Do you guys want to no what my favborit color is? update comin sooon,,,, :lol: :lol: :cheers: :shortbus:

Fixed it for you.  ;)

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

skip68

No laff at me.  I not make funny.   Anywayz, my faborit color is yellow because.......i don't know why but it just is ans I tthink it will be for a long time but if I had to change my faborit color it wood bee probublee dark yellow because I could still like to look at it becuase it is still got yellow in it just darker like when you go in a room and turn off the light it gets darker but you still like the room.   One time I had a dog but it was not yellow because it was black and black looks not the same as yellow but I took a can of yellow paints and painted my dog yellow and then I had to change his name becuz he was name black but now he is yellow so I called him yellow.  Ha ha ha.  I hope that peepull keep the color yellow a round for at least the rest of my life.  If I had to live a life without yellow it wood make me blue and I dont like blue.  My friend dont like blu eether like the car he drived awile back.   Wow this reallly make skip happy to talk to sombody and share all about me...  I have 3 crayons.   

RECHRGD

13.53 @ 105.32

Dans 68

nvrbdn

hey skip, i just had to tell ya watch out. they said they were after one bad a$$ m-f'r and a retard.  well son they got me so i just wanted to tell you to get your helmet and crayons and get outta dodge quick cause they are commin :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

skip68

Wow, what a great audience.....   Im sp sps special not retard

Darkman

Quote from: skip68 on January 10, 2011, 05:43:13 PM
No laff at me.  I not make funny.   Anywayz, my faborit color is yellow because.......i don't know why but it just is ans I tthink it will be for a long time but if I had to change my faborit color it wood bee probublee dark yellow because I could still like to look at it becuase it is still got yellow in it just darker like when you go in a room and turn off the light it gets darker but you still like the room.   One time I had a dog but it was not yellow because it was black and black looks not the same as yellow but I took a can of yellow paints and painted my dog yellow and then I had to change his name becuz he was name black but now he is yellow so I called him yellow.  Ha ha ha.  I hope that peepull keep the color yellow a round for at least the rest of my life.  If I had to live a life without yellow it wood make me blue and I dont like blue.  My friend dont like blu eether like the car he drived awile back.   Wow this reallly make skip happy to talk to sombody and share all about me...  I have 3 crayons.   

:smilielol:  :smilielol:  :smilielol:  :smilielol:
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

skip68

One time I fed a fish popcorn and it likeded it....  Popcorn is one of me faborit foods because it tis good and it makes me feel goowee inside like the first time you kiss a girls or a boy or both at the same time like when you wer 10 in you grandmas basement... I like popcorns because they be yellow too.   oh no.... My wife is comeing and I need to go cuz she doesnt like when I talk to peepull on web.   

400/6/PAC

Yall's al's r crackin me up. :smilielol:
If n ya reallies wanta learns to speel then go back to scholle.

Cooter

Uv cors now al postes will B typed lik dis. U bring liyte to a sugect & evbody gonna doit dat way now. I's gots 4 cryons now.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Brock Samson

Quote from: skip68 on January 10, 2011, 06:50:55 PM
One time I fed a fish popcorn and it likeded it....  Popcorn is one of me faborit foods because it tis good and it makes me feel goowee inside like the first time you kiss a girls or a boy or both at the same time like when you wer 10 in you grandmas basement... I like popcorns because they be yellow too.   oh no.... My wife is comeing and I need to go cuz she doesnt like when I talk to peepull on web.   

:scratchchin: Psssst,.. Skipper, you'r enjoying this waaaaay too much...   :nono:

chargergirl

Trust your Woobie!