News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

intial timing?

Started by metcoll, January 26, 2011, 06:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metcoll

my engine (six pack pistons, lunati 240/250 520/547 cam) likes a lot of intial timing 25degress...what would cause this...

firefighter3931

The increased duration and tighter lobe seperation will create a larger overlap and reduce idle vacuum. Increasing the base timing improves the idle quality & throttle response.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

metcoll

would this mean my engine would have low compression...engine builder  told   me  with those pistons i should be right @ 9.5 compression....thx

firefighter3931

That compression sounds about right with an open chamber head and composite head gasket  :yesnod:

That's a healthy cam so it needs lots of spark lead at idle....nothing abnormal  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs