News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone run a Quick Fuel Carb?

Started by drifter69, January 06, 2011, 09:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drifter69

Would just like to know if guys runnin  them are likein them. I am on the fence, I have heard good things so far. I was leaning torward a demon but it's not sounding like there hangin with quality control to well. Do you think QFT is here to stay? I don't want absolete after 5yr.

greenpigs

Not using a QF but have not heard anything bad about them either. As for Demon carbs they seem to be touchy and not as well suited for street use.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

drifter69

Yea, I keep hearing little things about Demons that make me wonder. I am getting ready to make that purchase and My head guy who builds circle track motors also, says  the Quick flows are the latest and greatest. Alot of the circle track guys are swareing by them but I am a street 69 dodge charger guy.

firefighter3931

I have a QF 1050 on my 572 motor. Very nice carb !  :2thumbs:

Make sure to select the right carb for your application. The race series carbs are designed for low engine vacuum situations and will be impossible to tune on a mild build because the fuel curve is too agressive. Do your homework  :yesnod:

I've recommended the Proform carbs to several members here and they work well for street/strip moderately built applications.  :2thumbs:

Just a heads up : Quickfuel uses a Proform main body along with their own baseplates & metering blocks. Proform uses the same mainbody (built by them) along with Quickfuel metering blocks and baseplates. Basicly the carbs are identical. The fuel metering on the Proform carbs would be very close the the Quickfuel "Q" series. The Quickfuel "P" series carb is more race oriented similar to a Holley "Ultra HP" style carb.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

BBKNARF

I,m using an 850 cfm no problem on the street and track  :2thumbs:
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

drifter69

The 850 proform is the carb I am looking to go with. Thanks for the input guys. :2thumbs:

morepower

I have a 850 mighty demon with annular boosters on my 440 and I loved the way it worked. Never had to do any serious tuning or rebuilds to it. The quickfuel carbs look a lot like holleys so I am sure thier just like a holley and repairing. I know I have read from numerous sites that Demon's tech support/customer service is horrible and supposedly that is why summit stopped selling thier product. But like firefighter said those proform carbs are basically quickfuel carbs too and the cost looks a little better!
1968 Dodge Charger 496 Sublime Green 3.91 torqueflite. Built to drive. Best ET 11.73 at 117

2010 SRT Dodge Challenger 6.1 Hemi Orange 5 speed automatic. Daily Driver. Best ET 13.4 at 105