News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Were 19" rads stock?

Started by B5charger, January 10, 2011, 02:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B5charger

My '71 with a 318 has a 19" rad in it right now.  I'm not sure if that was the rad it came with or if it was changed way back when.  As you can imagine I have an overheating issue with it during hot days when I'm in some traffic.  I've been trying to find a fan shroud for it but can only find 22" or bigger.  Can anyone shed some light on this for me???

ODZKing

Looks like some 70 B-bodys had 19 inch with a 318 but that was probably a Coronet.
Also 71 slant 6 E-body ... but yours should have at least a 22 if not a 26.
I can give you the exact number when I get home OR if you have the build sheet, it'll be on there. 3rd line.

B5charger

I'll see if I can get the stamping on the rad since I don't have the buildsheet.  The charger was built to be exported to Canada if that makes any difference.

B5charger

Here's the numbers I got:
3443 968
and on the other side of the cap was:
20448?
the 204 is right but the last two digits 48 is the closest that I can decipher.  the rad has a pentastar stamped on it and says to use approved chrysler antifreeze so I'm pretty confident it's not after-market.

djcarguy

small block and slant cars w/ no ac got some small rads. and canada exp may be big part of it.get a tape to measure core support opening.  all da best

maxwellwedge

Quote from: B5charger on January 10, 2011, 04:18:33 PM
Here's the numbers I got:
3443 968
and on the other side of the cap was:
20448?
the 204 is right but the last two digits 48 is the closest that I can decipher.  the rad has a pentastar stamped on it and says to use approved chrysler antifreeze so I'm pretty confident it's not after-market.

3443 968 = 71 B-Body - 22"  - 318 Auto trans.

20448 would be the vendor code and not important.

Sounds original to me. What is the date code? It is usually stamped on the pass side side bracket.

B5charger

I can't find any date stamp on the bracket.  I wonder if the brackets have been changed when I got the rad re-cored.  I did measure the rad again just to make sure I'm not crazy and it is indeed 19" across.