News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Powder coat pullies

Started by drifter69, January 03, 2011, 01:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drifter69

Anyone ever powder coat your pullies, and does it hold up. I am thinking of doing mine from the 383 I have and putting them on my 440 just to save a little money.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Yes...so far so good....did the crank, W/P, alt & AC idler last season
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

drifter69

Looks nice! I have been on the fence about doing it myself because of the inital investment to do it. I can see that I will be money ahead if I just bite the bullet. Was looking at eastwoods kit but don't know. :shruggy:

charger2fast4u

Hey just 6t9 did the powder coat wear off on the pullies where the belt rides or is it still holding up? I've been thinking about having mine done but might go to a serpentine setup instead

bull

I had most of my engine bolt-on stuff powder coated gloss black but I can't tell you how it's holding up to the belts because it isn't spinning yet. :icon_smile_blackeye: Seems to me it would hold up much better than paint though, and as long as the belts are rubbing on the pulleys on a regular basis it's going to keep the rust off them regardless of whether it's coated or bare metal.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: charger2fast4u on January 04, 2011, 12:09:14 AM
Hey just 6t9 did the powder coat wear off on the pullies where the belt rides or is it still holding up? I've been thinking about having mine done but might go to a serpentine setup instead
After about 1.5k miles this year still holding up
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Stormin

I coated mine, the baked on powder stands up better than paint.

I have the Eastwood basic powder coater and the Caswell variable voltage powder coater. I suggest the Caswell.

http://www.caswellplating.com/

Norm