News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Estimate streetability please

Started by Belgium R/T -68, December 31, 2010, 12:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

Looking at this  deal over a 472 Hemi setup in parts. MP 426 waterblock, MP aluheads, MP 4.150
strokecrank, Diamond 10.7 cr pistons and a crane .553/.559 camshaft.
Will the high cr make it less streetable or? What about the cam? Want a torquemonster like my
chargerengine and maintencefree since the Challenger will have a shaker setup.

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

firefighter3931

Per, what are the other specs on that cam : duration@.050 & LSA ?

The aluminum hemi head is very efficient and generally speaking a Hemi engine can tolerate higher static compression than a wedge. With the right cam you should be able to run it on 93UL fuel.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Belgium R/T -68

Don't know about the cam Ron, could always ask. The thing is I have already a new block and heads
plus the rockerassembly but I was thinking of selling that to take this deal and get a little bit further
on the build for approx the same money. My other option would be the package from FHO  which then would be somewhat more expensive but on the other hand give me just what I want in regards
of spec and support. I guess when building a Hemi one can't get enough help and support to avoid
having problems later on. :scratchchin:

Per

BTW, Happy New Year Ron  :cheers:

firefighter3931

Happy new year to you too Per  :cheers:

See if you can get cam specs and i'll have a look at them.

With FHO you certainly get a nice turn key package that is well matched to your needs. Tim is an excellent builder and sends out only top shelf motors. You can be assured it will be right and well matched to your car.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Belgium R/T -68

Ron,
Here's the camspec:

Crane part# 66H00004
Grind # H-242/3520-2-12
Intake duration 242°
Exhaust duration 252°

Per

1Bad70Charger

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on December 31, 2010, 12:24:39 PM
Looking at this  deal over a 472 Hemi setup in parts. MP 426 waterblock, MP aluheads, MP 4.150
strokecrank, Diamond 10.7 cr pistons and a crane .553/.559 camshaft.
Will the high cr make it less streetable or? What about the cam? Want a torquemonster like my
chargerengine and maintencefree since the Challenger will have a shaker setup.

Per

Was looking over that EXACT same Hemi set-up from the Gentleman your dealing with in Ohio (spoke with him several times and he seems like a real good stand-up guy) and very knowlegable on Hemi Perf. Engines.

That compression ratio should be just about perfect for making optimal power on 93 octane and not a bad deal on that stuff although he has been sitting on it for at least 7 months!

Regarding the cam, I will defer to our resident Guru (Ron/Firefighter)!

Good luck.  :cheers:
48 year old Self Employed Trial Lawyer (I fight the ambulance chasers); 1969 Plymouth Roadrunner A12 Tribute Car, Built 505ci; Silver 2008 Hemi Dodge Challenger SRT8, Black 2006 Corvette Z06 427ci LS7-Keep God First, Family Second and Horsepower Third.  Interests:  God, Fast American Cars (old and new), Classic Muscle Cars, German Sheperds, Guns, Animals and the Great Outdoors (sick of Chicago).

Belgium R/T -68

If I'm not very wrong it seems that it's a rollercam, isn't that a race-kind-of-thing? Does that mean that the rockerarmassembly is unique for that
type of cam?  :scratchchin:

Per

Scaregrabber

Wow: Thats pretty close to my engine. I have aluminum Stage V heads, 472 inches and 10.5 real compression. My cam is slightly smaller than yours and my engine is a torque monster than likes a sniff of 94 octane. I would try the engine as-is and possible put more cam in it if you feel it needs it. Mine is way undercammed but I run a stock convertor with 3.23 gears so overall it works very well.

Sheldon

firefighter3931

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on January 01, 2011, 01:29:54 PM
Ron,
Here's the camspec:

Crane part# 66H00004
Grind # H-242/3520-2-12
Intake duration 242°
Exhaust duration 252°

Per

Per, that is a flat tappet hydraulic grind. The duration is fine for a street build and it should idle nice and make plenty of vacuum for power brakes and easy tuning. The wide LSA will mellow it out and the powerband will be nice and flat.  :2thumbs:

Based on those specs and 472 cubes it should be strong from 2500-6000 and pull like a freight train.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron

Belgium R/T -68

If I could sell my stuff I would go for it then, keep your fingers crossed. :2thumbs:

Per

Troy

Is that for sale by a guy named Bishop in Cincinnati? If so, I hear he's a genius at machining.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: Troy on January 03, 2011, 07:02:52 PM
Is that for sale by a guy named Bishop in Cincinnati? If so, I hear he's a genius at machining.

Troy

Yes Troy, he wants to build a 572 aluHemi, that's why he sells he says. I also got a good impression of him.

Per

Belgium R/T -68

Just to let you know if someone else wants to go for this kit, I've chosed to buy custommade
parts from FHO. I hope that will help me in the future with my zero knowledge about Hemis. :eek2:

Per

Scaregrabber

You can't go wrong with Tim at FHO. I've dealt with him a lot and you won't find a guy with better knowledge, better workmanship or more down to earth.

Sheldon