News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3rd Gen project started!!!! Update 1-10-11

Started by Skinypete, July 31, 2009, 10:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skinypete

Well guys my summer job is finally over so I can start on my Charger restomod project!!!  Currently I have a 73 and 74, which will eventually be formed into one.  The 73 will be used for the parts car.  I bought the 74 about 5 or 6 months ago and I picked up the 73 five weeks ago.  The 74 was basically just a roller with a crappy interior and lots of cancer.  The 73 is worse on the cancer part but it has an awesome interior minus the carpet and headliner, came with a set of full quarters(inner structure and skin), 340 bulge hood, 340(not numbers matching), small block 727, and 8 3/4 rear.

Everything is going to be done in house by my father and I.  My goal is to have it drivable by the end of next summer, and with any luck it will be!
DJMIII

Skinypete

...More
DJMIII

Skinypete

...More
DJMIII

Skinypete

...More
DJMIII

Skinypete

...More
DJMIII

mikesbbody

73chgrSE

It's great to see a 3rd gen coming back from that condition. :cheers:
Alot of work ahead of you, don't give up. We are all with you. :2thumbs:

Skinypete

Thanks a lot guys!  I'll post pictures of my parts car up as soon as I can.
DJMIII

Silver R/T

It looks pretty rough but restorable. Which color you will change it to or keep it stock green?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Skinypete

My parts car was painted yellow with black stripes goin down the sides. That's pretty much at the top of my list for now, but I still am undecided.  I saw the one painted the same green as mine at Carlisle and it looked awesome so thats still up there, but I don't know that will look with a black interior :shruggy:

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't really know...
DJMIII

mopar73

great to see another 3rd gen going to rise again :2thumbs: :2thumbs: good luck and keep at it

mikesbbody

Quote from: Skinypete on August 01, 2009, 12:05:51 PM
My parts car was painted yellow with black stripes goin down the sides. That's pretty much at the top of my list for now, but I still am undecided.  I saw the one painted the same green as mine at Carlisle and it looked awesome so thats still up there, but I don't know that will look with a black interior :shruggy:

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't really know...

Yellow with a black interior does look good  :yesnod:

LoneStar Mopar

Looks like a fun project. Can't wait to see more progress on this one!

Skinypete

Well its been a tad longer than I had hoped to get the ball rolling on this thing. But when live beckons you have to answer :brickwall:

I haven't done that much to it yet but its almost torn all the way down, the bottom is completely sand blasted (just a little more rust than I originally thought), and the trunk pan is almost finished (donated from a 73).

I'll post some pictures later tonight or tomorrow when I can take some nice ones with a camera and not a cell phone.

DJMIII
DJMIII

AKcharger

Foreman72

i can identify sir!! keep chipping away at it...little by little :2thumbs:

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

charger_cody

I like it!!!!!

Just take your time and make it YOURS!!!  :popcrn:  :2thumbs:

Cody

Skinypete

Here are some of the pictures I promised, sorry it took so long. It seems that I have some free time the fire whistle goes off which completely kills an hour minimum...

And the garage was kinda crowded so taking better shots wasn't an option tonight.

DJMIII

DJMIII

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Skinypete

Looks good all except for that 1/4" gap at the top of the patch  :brickwall: lol

DJMIII
DJMIII

Skinypete

It's been quite awhile since I've updated this. Between school, work, the fire department, and the occasional lack of motivation... Well you know how life is.

I've just about finished up replacing the passenger side quarter panel, and I took off a big bite of the floor pan.

DJMIII