News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cars in Barns... eh.. near Garages around Milwaukee: Charger, Travco, Skylark

Started by TheAutoArchaeologist, January 10, 2011, 01:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAutoArchaeologist

My friend Casey from the Milwaukee Area showed me around, had a nice day, a few cool cars and one big Travco!... And it is For Sale.  Now lets see what they want for it.

I ended up getting lost trying to find a place called "Katie's Diner" and drove aimlessly through Milwaukee.  I found the Harley Davidson Museum though.  But I ended up at the Comet Cafe which was on Diner's, Drive In's and Dives.  It was really good.

Good day though.

Ryan

gschmidt211

You have a white charger pictured under a blue tarp in the second to last and third to last photos. This car has been sitting in this spot for at least 10 years.

I tried to contact the owner a few years back, but with no success.  The car is sitting in a storage lot that is owned by a local moving company. I called the company and inquired about the car.  The person I talked to knew that the car was in the lot, acknowledged that his company owned the lot, but when I asked about information about the car, the response was "I don't know anything about that car sir".  I questioned that and got the same line.  At the time I had asked, the tarp had come off of the car.  After the call, a day or so later, the tarp was positioned to cover the car as you see it below. 

A little weird.  The car is a 73 or 74.  Not sure what kind of shape the car is in.  The gate to the lot is left open often enough, but I did not want to snoop around the lot. This side of town is not exactly the most friendly side of town.

If I remember correctly, that Travco rv was on craigslist in the fall.  I can't seem to find the posting any longer, it must have been pulled.

1972 Charger Rallye
2014 Ram Outdoorsman 3.6L 4x2
1978 D100 Utiline Standard Cab

gschmidt211

P.S.  Miss Katies Diner is pretty easy.  It is close to downtown.  Right off of the interstate near the Marquette University campus.  It is one of those places that I have never been to, but I know exactly where it is located.  A local favorite that has had a president visit, but as a local my whole life, I have never stopped in.

You were close when you where at the Harley museum.  It was basically straight north on the other side of the interstate.  Probably about 1 or 2 miles from the museum.

I hope you enjoyed your trip to Milwaukee. 
1972 Charger Rallye

Richard Cranium

I am Dr. Remulac

TruckDriver

I wish I knew where that 3rd gen Charger is sitting. I wouldnt mind the Chrysler either though for a ghetto cruiser.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

gschmidt211

1972 Charger Rallye

TheAutoArchaeologist

Yes, the gate was wide open, but I have no need to trespass to go see it.  Just wasn't worth it.

I had heard it was right off the highway, but I forgot to write down what exit to get off at.  Comet Cafe was REALLY good.  The burger was awesome, the whole place was really nice.

This weekend I will either be going to Indiana, or if the weather sucks, driving around Chicago!

Ryan

HOTROD

What the Hell-Dumass !

TruckDriver

I know the area of 47th and Mill Road. I'll have to go check it out in a few weeks when I go to Milwaukee to get new fenders for my Dakota.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P