News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Cragar rims & M/T tires....PICS!! Dialup beware!

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, May 11, 2010, 04:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TUFCAT

Opps, sorry....  ;) YES! I meant redline tires with these rims :drool5:  I LOVE the rims!  :2thumbs:

Brock Samson

i just noticed you got drums on the front...
  :shruggy:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Brock Samson on May 13, 2010, 06:45:34 PM
i just noticed you got drums on the front...
  :shruggy:

USED to.....was originally a manual drum car (old pic)...have since switched to an SSBC disc brake set up & added the correct booster..

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

68RT4ME

Oh Man Chris, I thought your car was already Outstanding but now it's at an all new level. Looks FANTASTIC!!!  :drool5:  :2thumbs:  :cheers:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

Chatt69chgr

Those new wheels do give the car a much different look.  Compared to the older ones you had, I'm starting to like them better---fills the wheel wells.  Kind of like the lettered tires too.  I'm wondering if a 7 inch front tire would look better with the 8 inch rears.  Couldn't move the wheels from front to back and vice versa then.  But as few miles as these cars are driven, that might not matter.  Was the $1100 for both the wheels and tires?  Overall, the car is just outstanding.  Great job on the restoration.

Rolling_Thunder

The engine bay looks amazing Chris -  the A/C even looks great on there      :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on November 01, 2010, 09:55:32 PM
Those new wheels do give the car a much different look.  Compared to the older ones you had, I'm starting to like them better---fills the wheel wells.  Kind of like the lettered tires too.  I'm wondering if a 7 inch front tire would look better with the 8 inch rears.  Couldn't move the wheels from front to back and vice versa then.  But as few miles as these cars are driven, that might not matter.  Was the $1100 for both the wheels and tires?  Overall, the car is just outstanding.  Great job on the restoration.

Thanks it was $1100 shipped to my door for the wheels/tires mounted & balanced & a set of 20 lug nutz!!

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on November 01, 2010, 11:13:42 PM
The engine bay looks amazing Chris -  the A/C even looks great on there      :2thumbs:

Thanks Alex :cheers:

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

charge69

Just wanted to put in my 2cents worth to the conversation.  I am still trying to decide what wheels to put on the '69 when it is finished and  that will be sooner rather than later.  That said, your choice is a beautiful look for your Charger and will get due consideration.

By the way , I do have the 5 original 15" wheels that came on the car and acquired a NOS and untouched set of '69 15" turbine-type hubcaps that were optional on my car that it came with originally from the factory. Very lucky to find these as they are practically unobtanium! The hubcaps are new-in-the-box, unopened except for one being inspected,  and I am a little afraid to put them on the car.  Just not sure if it is the best for it as I wanna drive it some and skinny bias-ply tires are not as good as fat radials for sure. This engine (done) puts out serious HP and is too much for the bias-ply tires anyway.

Your new wheels and tires are another great look for the Charger though and looks amazing on your car.

Carl

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: charge69 on November 02, 2010, 08:30:01 PM
Just wanted to put in my 2cents worth to the conversation.  I am still trying to decide what wheels to put on the '69 when it is finished and  that will be sooner rather than later.  That said, your choice is a beautiful look for your Charger and will get due consideration.

By the way , I do have the 5 original 15" wheels that came on the car and acquired a NOS and untouched set of '69 15" turbine-type hubcaps that were optional on my car that it came with originally from the factory. Very lucky to find these as they are practically unobtanium! The hubcaps are new-in-the-box, unopened except for one being inspected,  and I am a little afraid to put them on the car.  Just not sure if it is the best for it as I wanna drive it some and skinny bias-ply tires are not as good as fat radials for sure. This engine (done) puts out serious HP and is too much for the bias-ply tires anyway.

Your new wheels and tires are another great look for the Charger though and looks amazing on your car.

Carl

You will obviously find this hard to believe,but the modern bias tires hook better than most radials out there today. The newer compounds of rubber with the older tire design work very well together. I love How my car handles with the repop polyglass too. The radials do handle some better,but not by as much as most people think.....and the bias tires just plain look awesome on these old cars IMO.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

charge69

Thanks for the input and ........ I haven't made my mind up either way as you just don't see Chargers with the older hubcaps and bias-ply tires anymore and I am still looking for a "unique" look!  Still could have the original F-70 15"s (redline is original) on it with original hubcaps! Especially at the rare show I attend.   Cannot get over how good Cragars look on these old cars.  It is, by the way, A R6 Red car with white vinyl top , interior , and  white R/T stripe. Probably looks very nice with the old-style redline tires and rare hubcaps as they have a red semi-circle (I think) in the center.I haven't seen them in about a year , to be honest.  No need to Hijack this thread as the Mods wheels look great too. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Just to keep it going heres a few more recent pics.....

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Is your speedometer true/correct, with that tire size?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on November 03, 2010, 01:36:17 PM
Is your speedometer true/correct, with that tire size?

It is about 2-3 mph off....I did change the gear in the trans to the "red" one I think to coincide with the 3.55:1 ratio rear I am running....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ACUDANUT

None of my cars have a accurate speedometer  :brickwall:
Love that tire and wheel combo  :drool5: