News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Aluminum champion radiator

Started by TXcharger70, February 08, 2011, 07:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TXcharger70

Hey guys just looking for some input, I am about to buy 26in 3 core aluminum radiator but i have noticed between two different sellers one offers the upper inlet on the passenger side and the other on the driver side is there any advantages/disadvantages? I know stock is on the passenger but is there any benefit to have it on the driverside as far as clutter goes?

FLG

Before you buy one I've got a brand new 3 core champion passenger upper with driver lower (think it might cool better considering there on oppisite sides  :shruggy )and a 1yr old bee cool dual fan setup (need to measure but its either 11" or 12" per fan so either 22" or 24") that I'm looking to sell.

If your interested I can measure the fans and give ya a price tonigh.

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

morepower

No apparant advantages. most times I see the bottom on either side due to some water pumphousings exiting from either side. Some 440 setups have the upper hose on driver or passenger side depending on options. Just order what you think will fit.
1968 Dodge Charger 496 Sublime Green 3.91 torqueflite. Built to drive. Best ET 11.73 at 117

2010 SRT Dodge Challenger 6.1 Hemi Orange 5 speed automatic. Daily Driver. Best ET 13.4 at 105

TXcharger70

So having the hose on either side would be the same i was just think of accessibility to things if it had any advantage being on the driverside

terrible one

For what it's worth, you will gain some clearance around the oil filter if you use a passenger side inlet (not that it's all that hard with the hose on the drivers side though)

TXcharger70

thanks that's what I need to know. I asked this cause when I saw some of the set ups members had on here most of them had them on the driverside vs the passenger side so I started to question it