News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

quarter trim help

Started by poppa, January 02, 2011, 12:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppa

I don't see anything in my manual for this. I am going to install the lower outside quarter window stainless and where the holes for the screws are , on the body panel there are coresponding holes but,they are about a 1/4 to 5/16 holes. Are there suppose to be some kind of clip on nuts for these or??
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

twodko

Happy New Year Poppa,

This trim is called belt molding if we're talking about the same thing. There are 2 or more tiny phillips head screws that hold this trim in place. Its much easier to attach this trim without the glass in place. I was able to do mine with the glass installed but one side was a bitch. Try to use one screw toward the back of the trim and one screw in the forward most hole. I was able to use a small screw driver on the passenger side but needed to use one of those weird screw drivers where both ends are bent at a 90* angle to fit between the glass and trim. I used a lot of bad words on this one. Good luck.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

poppa

I have 6 or 7 spots on the trim for screws but,those holes line up with alot larger holes. Is there just one in front and one in back and then the "cat whisker" holds the middle down? Thanks

poppa

There are no small holes for the screws in the body.These are the holes that line up.

69 OUR/TEA

I am putting my car together right now and had just put those on.You are missing the speed nut clips that basically slide up right over those 5/16 holes and have a small hole in them for the phillip screws to go in.Also,my car only had one in the front and one in the back(driv side),and had three on the pass side.As said,use the rear most and furthest most two at least.Looks like yours were removed for the resto and not put back on.

poppa

Thanks guys. I thought it was going to be something like that.

twodko

Thanks for the backup 69 OUR/TEA, I couldn't figure out why he had those large holes until you mentioned the speed nut clips. I had the same....2 on driver's side and 3 on the passenger side.  :yesnod:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!