News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone deal with Chrome Tech USA in Madison, WI?

Started by bull, January 02, 2011, 08:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

They say they can replate arm rest bases for "as little as $35 each" which would put the price for four restored US-made originals at $30 less than buying Chinese made reproductions, but I'd like to get some quality reviews if possible. Have any of you heard of, dealt with or seen the place?

http://www.chrometechusa.com/autoplate.html

Bobby41909

Yes, I just had them do my center A/C vents.  They did an excellent job! I would recommend them to anyone. I got their name from other members.

no318

I'd be interested in trying it too, if they have good reviews.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Bobby41909 on January 02, 2011, 08:28:03 PM
Yes, I just had them do my center A/C vents.  They did an excellent job! I would recommend them to anyone. I got their name from other members.

I had mine done last year as well...40 bucks for the pair :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bull

That's good to know. :2thumbs: I've got four nice arm rest bases that need new plating and it sounds like these guys can save me a little $$ and rescue some OE parts at the same time. I really don't want to throw them out.

charger2fast4u

Good thread to start bull I to am looking for a quality place to replate my arm rest bases and other parts  any idea if they would/could  replate the factory gauge bezel? I want to get the Chrome gauge rings and letters redone along with the switches 

bull

I'd call or email them but it sounds like they do that: "With 17 years experience I offer re plating of most plastic dash panels, arm rest bases, a/c vents, etc. We also offer detail painting for your dash and can also clean and polish your lenses. Some repairs can also be made to damaged parts, please call for more info. We return only your original parts, no exchanges to a lesser quality part. Typical turn around time is 4 to 6 weeks, please allow additional time for detail painting."

ACUDANUT

I wonder if they can fix my 72 Rallye tail light lense that is cracked and missing a small piece ?

bull

Just heard back from them with this: "$35 each on all (four arm rest bases) would be fine, plus add $10 s/h."

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE