News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Registration Fees Skyrocketed in New York!!

Started by Old Moparz, January 04, 2011, 08:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

I just opened the mail I got from the NYDMV & thought there was a mistake. My Charger & Road Runner are due at the same time & a 2 year registration for just one car went from $44 to $105. Must be a mistake I thought, maybe they priced it based on the weight of a tractor trailer & not a B-Body? So I googled DMV rate increases & found that NY raised rates as much as 138% for drivers living in areas served by the MTA. Guess some state legislator didn't want to give up any of those wonderful perks they get, like massage parlor visits, & passed it on to car owners.  :flame:

http://www.newsday.com/classifieds/cars/dmv-license-registration-fees-rise-1.1413443

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

chargerboy69

That is crazy.  I believe my Bee is $26.00 a year.  I guess there are plus' to living in fly-over country.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

vancamp

holy cow, i registered mine as an antique in arkansas for a oone time fee of $14.25

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Old Moparz on January 04, 2011, 08:32:03 PM
I just opened the mail I got from the NYDMV & thought there was a mistake. My Charger & Road Runner are due at the same time & a 2 year registration for just one car went from $44 to $105. Must be a mistake I thought, maybe they priced it based on the weight of a tractor trailer & not a B-Body? So I googled DMV rate increases & found that NY raised rates as much as 138% for drivers living in areas served by the MTA. Guess some state legislator didn't want to give up any of those wonderful perks they get, like massage parlor visits, & passed it on to car owners.  :flame:

http://www.newsday.com/classifieds/cars/dmv-license-registration-fees-rise-1.1413443

Huh?   Got mine as well and its $53.75 :shruggy:

BUUUUT...mine is for 1 year & its registered historically :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bakerhillpins

When you spend like crazy and its not your money you have to make someone cough up the dough to cover the debt! Sorry it has to be you. Dad lives in Upstate area and has said lots of his basic "fees" have gone up. Frankly, it's getting ridiculous.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

71ChallengeHer

Mine was a one time fee of $100 for antique tags. $36 a year for my daily driver.

bull

Oregon is good when it comes to classic cars. IIRC registering my OE plates as collector plates was $86 for life. The daily cars on the other hand... :flame: $21 for DEQ and $124 for two-year registration.

NYCMille

That's why I'm moving... this place will kill you financially.

Old Moparz

Overall, the $106 for a 2 year registration is not going to put me in financial ruins, I was just shocked to see such a huge increase in the time frame of just one registration renewal. I won't be shocked to find out that more people will end up driving unregistered vehicles now.  ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

BrianShaughnessy

Neither car is on the road.....   you don't need to have current registration on either.  You have an old registration if you decide to sell.   And they'll always take your money at the DMV at a later date.   :Twocents:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Old Moparz

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on January 05, 2011, 10:09:33 AM

Neither car is on the road.....   you don't need to have current registration on either.  You have an old registration if you decide to sell.   And they'll always take your money at the DMV at a later date.   :Twocents:

Thanks for reminding me they don't run.   :smilielol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

451-74Charger

Its still a 1 time fee in KY, and the plate only has to be "in the car" as long as ANY period correct plate is displayed

The plate costs $59, but doesn't have to be renewed. However, the plate cannot be transferred to another vehicle.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Old Moparz on January 05, 2011, 10:21:10 AM

Thats what i was thinking, whens the last time you drove one of them Bob..!  :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Troy

That sucks.

Didn't you guys just get a massive tax increase on cigarettes and soft drinks too? Why reduce spending when you can raise taxes?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Old Moparz

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 05, 2011, 01:49:04 PM

Quote from: Old Moparz on January 05, 2011, 10:21:10 AM

Thats what i was thinking, whens the last time you drove one of them Bob..!  :icon_smile_big:

Does pushing them count? :lol:  I do drive my Satellite convertible, though.

Quote from: Troy on January 05, 2011, 01:58:27 PM

That sucks.

Didn't you guys just get a massive tax increase on cigarettes and soft drinks too? Why reduce spending when you can raise taxes?

Troy

I don't smoke & I don't remember the last soft drink I had, so I suppose I was due to get screwed somewhere.  ::)

By the way, I have the radio going on the computer at work listening to Andrew Cuomo's state of the state speech, telling us how it'll get better real soon.  :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Vainglory, Esq.

QuoteBy the way, I have the radio going on the computer at work listening to Andrew Cuomo's state of the state speech, telling us how it'll get better real soon. 

Oh totally.  You guy's will be fiiiiiine.  :D

68blue

Ouch! Sounds like another broke state huingry for cash.

A383Wing

Quote from: bull on January 05, 2011, 01:07:25 AM
Oregon is good when it comes to classic cars. IIRC registering my OE plates as collector plates was $86 for life.

I did the same here...but it was a one time $56 fee per car for the collector plates....got 5 of our 9 cars licensed that way...still gotta pay the yearly fees & taxes on the PT Cruiser, Dakota, Shadow & Reliant