News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need help finding a part for my '69

Started by UH60L, December 31, 2010, 02:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UH60L

Does anyone know of a place that makes or sells the actual plastic / nylon pieces that go on the window glass and attach to the regulators?

I bought new glass for my '69 charger while it was in the body shop, but it did not come with those, and the body shop apparently trashed the old ones, cause they were not on the old windows when I got them back.

Thanks in advance.

doctor4766

If you can't find any new or used ones over there, I'm pretty sure some of the Ford cars here used the same setup.
You're looking for the round hollow stud that goes through the glass and lower channel and there's a plastic pin that presses in and locks it up right?
Gotta love a '69

resq302

Try Tom at R/T specialties.  That is where I got mine from for my 69 when I redid the windows and gaskets.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

69rtse4spd

I made these for a guy on the 70 registry about a year & half ago. He was my R&D guy, made them a little heaver duty then the originals, he was quit happy. Set them up on the C.N.C. lathe & ran off quite a few. Let me know if you are interested in some, 3.50 each, & that includes shipping. 

UH60L

Thanks for the replies.  I'm not really sure if what mxzx440 posted is it or not, because I didn't take the windows out and never really paid much attention to what they look like.

I'm gonna look at my parts cd and see if that looks like it.

Thanks again for the info.

UH60L

Well, I'm an idiot.  If that window rivet is indeed what I need, year one has them for under $5.00, DOH!