News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any safe way to remove and save underhood emission decal?

Started by WH23G3G, October 10, 2010, 10:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

On this 73 I'm of course going to get everything painted including the underside of the hood. It has a perfect emission decal for the 400-4BBL automatic, which I don't see being reproduced at any of the decal companies. Is there a safe way to remove it intact so I can go and get some remade?

twodko

E5's on the right track. I used a heat gun, very carefully, to remove the stickers on my car
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

71wrenchhead

try zippo lighter fluid, on some stickers it neutralized the adhesive while its wet and allows you to gently pull it off
Got slapped by my wife for keeping an engine in the bedroom........yeah, pretty much sums up my life

oldcarnut

Before you try to take it off, take a good clear picture and measure the decal size.  If you happen to mess it up taking it off  then most likely you could get a print shop to reproduce for you from the picture.

ACUDANUT

If that's your VIN number on your avatar pic, it shows the fifth digit of G......Which is a 318 car. :Twocents:

twodko

ECS and others make excellent repros. They are fairly inexpensive so I'd recommend buying all new decals. Obviously if you have one or more that are not being repro'd then you do have to save the original(s) if you can. Another suggestion just for the "car history" binder, attach all the old decals you've removed to a stiff piece of paper. Then its just a stop at the 3-hole punch and the sheet is ready for the binder.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!