News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

RCD/Billstein Mopar Shocks...anyone have them?

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, December 30, 2010, 09:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Was looking on the Hotchkis website & came across these RCD (Race Car Design) shocks made by Billstein.

Anyone try these out yet?

http://www.hotchkis.net/rcd_shocks_dodge_b_e_body_4_pack_stock_height_cars.html
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Troy

Yeah, I bought a set and then saw some reviews on the net about them having a very short life span - and the plastic outer cover breaking. Mine haven't even arrived yet (backordered) so they obviously haven't been installed.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Bobby41909

I have them and they are on the car but the restoration isn't complete yet.  These are custom made for each application.  I spoke to the owner.  He worked for bilstein for may years in research and development.  Now he does this on his own with Bilstein.  I haven't seen the bad reviews yet have heard really great thing about them (they were also subject of a program on the Speed channel). 

I got the local performance shop in contact with the owner so that his Company could become a dealer.  Ended up costing me $380 for a custom made set.  I don't have the warranty handy but I believe it's very good, just in case.  Plus they are looking to get more press on these so I

Bobby41909

So I suspect they will take care of you.  You can't buy them direct from RCD but they are available for support.  They are also looking to build out their website so if you get them installed they are looking for customer cars/comments to post.  They don't have a Charger on there now, I might be the first.

I'll post my review on these once the car is done...say early Feb

Just 6T9 CHGR

Yeah Hotchkis wants $400 for the set plus $29 to ship.  Clicked on their "dealers" link & found Summit stocks them as well.....not on their site though yet.  gave them a call & they couldnt find them either but saw them on the Hotchkis site.   They are in the process of setting them up (the stock length ones) and should have them up by Tuesday of next week.  hopefully they come in cheaper as well!

I was hoping these would be a better alternative to the crappy/hard KYB's I had 8+ years ago and the mushy Monroe Classics I have now...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

I also posted this on Moparts & looks like "autoxcuda" has had good luck with them so far.....looks like he has the full set up as well

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=6386106&an=0&page=0#Post6386106
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Troy

Yeah, when I went to order from Hotchkis the guy told me to just order from Summit as their prices were cheaper. He said Summit is always cheaper plus they were having a 15% off sale. However, as you noticed, they don't carry the whole line. I had called because I was trying to use the 20% off coupon and the pre-calculated shipping in my online shopping cart was ridiculous! After some investigation they let me order everything I needed (at 20% off even though the shocks are discount exempt) and gave me a consolidated shipping cost - and no tax since they are in CA and Summit is here in Ohio!

Troy

Just 6T9 CHGR

You were able to order them from Summit?   they had nothing set up as of yet when I spoke to them :scratchchin:

or....did you order direct from Hotchkis?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Troy

moparjohn

I have them, belive it or not, on my 1969 Chrysler Town & Country Wagon.  I got them when I figured out the shocks on her were original.  On the Cbodydrydock, a member used them in a front end re-do and they made a huge difference on these big cruisers.  I love them, and recomend them. They really control the float/bounce on the car, firmer in the corners, nice ride.  I got mine through Firm Feel.  MPJ
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!