News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Done!

Started by 69hemi, December 30, 2005, 08:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemigeno

Jet, you already know how awesome I think your car is - I just wish I could get up there to see it before it heads off with a new owner.  You've set the standard for how we'd all like our cars to look (or at least how I'd like mine to look!!!). 

Personally, I can't wait to see what you're going to do for an encore!

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Geno

69hemi

Quote from: 71Charger500 on January 01, 2006, 10:01:24 PM
So how long was that bad boy under resto before you finished it?

We got the car in 1998 then it sat for a few years so we really started it in fall 2000.  I had to put the project away a few times to build a 427 A/FX Comet and a 68 Roadrunner but it really got going in earnest in the Dec of 2004 when it went off to paint.  We got it back in Feb 2005 and just finished it up last month.

Quote from: hemigeno on January 02, 2006, 10:11:05 AM
Jet, you already know how awesome I think your car is - I just wish I could get up there to see it before it heads off with a new owner. You've set the standard for how we'd all like our cars to look (or at least how I'd like mine to look!!!).

Personally, I can't wait to see what you're going to do for an encore!

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Geno

Thanks for the kudos Gene.  I am not sure what i am going to do next.  I have my eyes on a 70 Roadrunner six-pak car and a 1968 SS Camaro so we will have to see what shakes out.
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

Sixtyeight

Wow, think i've had a tiny orgasm here... ;D

Jeroen

Charger Registration of the Netherlands / www.charger.nl
1968 R/T Charger
1969 Base Charger

ChargerBill

If the money is right and you can make a profit, then selling shouldn't be that hard. I personally would have a hard time not getting to at least take her for a spin and chirp the tires. You put a lot of work into that car...I remember when you first started posting about the resto. The car looks great! And you should be proud of the accomplishment...I just hope you don't have too mant regrets when it's gone. :icon_smile_sad: Unless it's about 100,000 to 150,000 regrets...I could handle THAT many regrets no problem! :D
Life is a highway...

Big Lebowski

Wow! Very cool. I like the green, i'm an F8 fan myself. :thumbs:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

69_500

Simply stunning that is a definate.

Gorgeous car.

I keep telling my wife how a Charger doesn't look bad in any color combination, but she just doesn't like green or bronze. Oh well she is missing out.

I wish you would keep the car and enjoy it, but it appears that you really enjoy the process of transforming cars from everyday rides into beautiful restored cars.  It is a gorgeous car, and you did an excelent job. I wish my 500 looked like that, then again I wish it was a 4 speed too, oh and those badges on the door would be nice too, what do they say again "HEMI"

4402tuff4u

Congratulations! Sweet, sweet ride. Nice job.  :2thumbs:  One more thing on the list, hook up the positive cable to the battery and fire her up! :icon_smile_big:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

hemigeno

Quote from: 69_500 on January 03, 2006, 05:21:42 AM

I keep telling my wife how a Charger doesn't look bad in any color combination, but she just doesn't like green or bronze. Oh well she is missing out.

My wife is (unfortunately) of the same opinion as Danny's.   I was drooling over those pictures again on Monday, and I pulled my wife over to the screen so she could appreciate the great job Jet did on that car.   Her reaction?  

"I don't like green"

:flame:

I told her I really liked F8, and that our orange car was originally that exact color from the factory.   She looked at me, and said "You're not thinking of painting it back green, are you?"   After that comment, and after seeing Jet's finished product, I just might.  

Hmmm... if I did that, then she'd be in an all-fired hurry for me to get the R4 Daytona done (she likes that color).   I should have thought of this years ago!!!

Blown70

My wife is (unfortunately) of the same opinion as Danny's.   I was drooling over those pictures again on Monday, and I pulled my wife over to the screen so she could appreciate the great job Jet did on that car.   Her reaction?  

"I don't like green"

I told her I really liked F8, and that our orange car was originally that exact color from the factory.   She looked at me, and said "You're not thinking of painting it back green, are you?"   After that comment, and after seeing Jet's finished product, I just might.  

Hmmm... if I did that, then she'd be in an all-fired hurry for me to get the R4 Daytona done (she likes that color).   I should have thought of this years ago!!!

NICE PLOY.....Amazing how we have to work around there attitudes to get what we want.... AND YET they feel like they are getting what they want.... :devil: ;D

Smoke20

Quote from: Sixtyeight on January 02, 2006, 06:04:16 PM
Wow, think i've had a tiny orgasm here... ;D

Jeroen

Tiny?....

I have to go do some serious laundry.....

Dude, my only complaint about your car is that I can't afford to buy it.
Kevin
It's MoPar or No Car!  :drive:

'69 Dodge Charger - Black primer
01 Dodge Intrepid R/T 3.5L Magnum V6 36K
05 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT Inferno Red, Loaded

PlumBad70

:bow: :bow: :bow: One of the finest examples of a muscle car!! Great Great Job!!! :punkrocka: :METAL:
Steve
1970 Charger R/T Sublime
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 hemi 4x4

70charginglizard

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Very nice. 69 green hemi charger. I'm lovin it!!!!

Dude, You should write a book!. That web sites about the best charger restoration documentations I've seen.

You'd make bank if you converted that into a book. Pay for some of the cost it must have been to restore that beautiful machine. :punkrocka:
70charginglizard

694spdRT

Quote from: hemigeno on January 03, 2006, 12:49:05 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on January 03, 2006, 05:21:42 AM

"I don't like green"

Heh, you can't ever win. My wife doesn't like red and  both of my Charger are originally red. You should have seen the look I got when I told her I was painting the Challenger the original FE5 red.  :D :slap:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi