News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

66-67 fenders

Started by rcharvip, December 27, 2010, 11:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcharvip

Is anyone offering new front fenders for 66-67 Chargers.  Thanks.

Ghoste

A383Wing

actually, new ones are being made..but out of fiberglass....I have the site somewhere in my saved searches...

but no new metal ones are being re-popped

ODZKing

Cooter

Is the headlight area the only difference between the Coronet ones? I have a '66-'67 Dodge Front Fender and hood
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

A383Wing

Quote from: Cooter on December 28, 2010, 12:14:48 AM
Is the headlight area the only difference between the Coronet ones? I have a '66-'67 Dodge Front Fender and hood

well, yes & no...Coronet & Charger used different chrome trim, thus different holes for chrome mounting are in each fender. the complete front headlight & grille are different, but can be used on either car. Hoods are the same except for some square holes under the hood for mounting the R/T scoop in the 67 year

Cooter

So If I'm reading this correctly, then a Coronet fender CAN be used on a Charger in 1966-'67? I've heard the Hideaway headlight makes the use of a Coronet fender all but impossible....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

Not impossible at all just a pita.  Everyone implies they are an easy direct swap and that isn't the case at all, you have a bunch of fabrication to do.  Some cutting and drilling which is easy enough for many and very hard for others.

vancamp

it is not that difficult to use coronet fenders on a first gen i put one on a friend of mines 66, removed the coronet headlight bucket set up and welded up the trim holes, if you can use a spot weld cutter and welder you can do it