News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Side Mirror Position

Started by macca3441, February 03, 2011, 03:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macca3441

I am about to mount a passenger side mirror on my 68 Charger.
Can anyone tell me the position to mount it? Should it be in an identical position to driver side mirror?
Or were they set in a different position from factory?

Thanks in advance,

Wade

twodko

Hey Wade,

Just finished our 69 and installed a similar mirror too. I measured the exact position of the the drivers mirror and determined that location on the pasenger door. After mounting the mirror, you can see it OK from the drivers seat however, that bigass rear fender hump blocks a lot of the view. I stuck one of the wide-eye mirrors on mine and it offered a better field of view but in hind sight (no pun intended) I wish I would have mounted it a little farther back. My suggestion would be to have someone hold the mirror in position (lay some blue painter's tape down in the area so no paint scratches) while you eyeball it from the drivers seat..............go from there. Good luck.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!