News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Headliner Rattle-any suggestions short of taking the car apart?

Started by billschroeder5842, December 31, 2010, 09:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billschroeder5842

I have a rattle in my headliner "C" post on the drivers side. I think it is a piece of plastic insulation (?) that has come loose. It squeaks and vibrates at lower rpms.

I've lived with it for a while (summer with the window down makes it unnoticeable) but with the holiday weekend, I think I'll dive in. Short of taking the seats out, remove the package tray and trim....are there any solutions that anyone has tried successfully to remove the rattle?

Thanks!
Texas Proud!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Are you sure its coming from there?

The reason I ask is because I have/had a squeak/rattle from back there that I found out was the rear seat cross brace had come unwelded from the floor...

See the pic for my crappy attempt at re-welding it  :-\

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

billschroeder5842

Yeah, I'm sure. I can "tap" on the headliner and feel the piece behind it. It rattles and sounds the same so I'm pretty sure that I've lococated it.

Oh well, I have a project today!
Texas Proud!

billschroeder5842

**Update** I took off the back interior window trim and gingerly removed the headline for the "Saw tooth" and low and behold was a cardboard "triangle" that was loose and rubbing. Apparently this was used for sound deadening from the truck to the passenger cabin. The little metal clip pulled through the card board so it was flapping around.

I made a card board patch and reinstalled the piece. I used a little silicone to tack some of the corners in place. I'm letting it set before I drive it and I'll let you all know how it works out.
Texas Proud!