News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Highest possible HP out of my 360!

Started by DustinSimmonds, December 29, 2010, 11:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red79

Quote from: Cooter on January 10, 2011, 07:57:11 PM
is there something special about the manifolds in the picture? motor home manifolds seem to go for $150/ set on ebay right now--i've got a set on my 73 motorhome block that i'd love to sell for $500 though  ;D

Well, I guess you'd have to roll the dice on the set on EPay, but for a set that isn't cracked round here(Va), they get in the $500/set range when someone is actually still running a 440 powered MH.

another question about motorhome blocks: I've heard they have additional water passages for improved cooling. is this true? if so, do I have to stick with the 902 heads on my 73 mh block, or can I use car BB heads on it one day? or i know it's not as bad as the old 413 truck garbage heads, but I'd eventually like to upgrade to an aftermarket aluminum set.As far As I know looking at the MH Engine I have, the block looks to be nothing more than the "Peanut", or "Figure 8" cooling holes in the block..Same as heavy duty cooling blocks. As for the heads? I'd say the valves are probably sunk, or worse yet, burnt from the constant "lugging" of the engine.  You have to watch those MH engines though, as the one My brother has with a steel crank, didn't come through with a pilot hole drilled at all.

thanks!

thanks cooter. I live in southwest VA, and mopar parts are pretty rare--I definitely see how that would raise the price. maybe you'll see them on craigslist soon  :cheers:

DustinSimmonds

I'm getting my 360 rebuild as we speak and they are putting the best possible performance parts into it that they can! I'm excited to get this thing back into my Charger! I will probably keep my 360 till I can afford to buy and beef up a 440, wheely bar anyone? :P :coolgleamA:

DustinSimmonds

So I heard back from the guy that is rebuilding my engine. He says that I should be getting about 200HP and about 220 for torque.

femtnmax

Quote from: DustinSimmonds on March 05, 2011, 11:54:25 AM
So I heard back from the guy that is rebuilding my engine. He says that I should be getting about 200HP and about 220 for torque.
Here are some HP figures for 340/360.  Yours should be in this neck of the woods if the builder knows what they are doing.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/archive/index.php/t-25493.html
Phil

greenpigs

200 HP at the wheels, if not your engine builder just sucks. I hope he isn't a close friend but that is sad and should be 300 HP or MORE with the correct cam & a CR of 9.5 or so. The CR may not be possible if he used the stock pistons but he still could have milled the heads & decked the block to bump the CR up regardless. To bad your not closer, I am not even close to an professional engine builder, but I do have sorta of a clue.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

DustinSimmonds

He told me he put a cam in it that can handle up to 300HP. I'm not sure on all of the specifics of the rebuild i'll have to ask him next time I talk to him!  :scratchchin:

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

DustinSimmonds

I'll make sure to do that! Any things I should make sure to ask about?

greenpigs

What is the calculated CR?

How thick are the compressed head gaskets?

Was the block\heads milled any? If he says shaved.....depending on his age it could be a bad sign.

What was the ring gap?

Don't play 20 questions unless you want to tick him off but if you don't like what you hear you may want to do it yourself. Plenty here to help you through it.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

DustinSimmonds

I haven't heard from him in a while. I sent him a message over facebook, and I left him a voice-mail today so i'm hoping he gets back to me soon!