News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Emergency!

Started by mopar_madman, December 30, 2005, 07:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar_madman

Just got the first season dvd for christmas, anyone remember? great show from the 70's Lots of mopar sightings so far including their rescue vehicle and all the old cop cars. Very Cool!
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

TruckDriver

Yup, grew up watching it. It was briefly discussed in another post a few months ago too.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

derailed

Recharger

Quote from: 73SEDan400 on December 30, 2005, 09:15:47 PM
Quote from: Silver R/T on December 30, 2005, 09:12:29 PM
whats it called?

:haha:

:smilielol:

My babysitter used to watch that show all the time.  I hated it with a passion.  Mostly because it wasn't Bugs Bunny.

my73charger

mopar_madman

gotta love nurse dixie  ;)
1973 Dodge Charger
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

TruckDriver

i had a crush on her when i was around 10, lol Julie London
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Afflyer

The show was called- "EMERGENCY 51".   I know it because I loved that show so much in my childhood, that I had the Dodge emergency rescue truck and the two action figures from the show.   It stared Randolph Mantooth and Kevin Tighe.   This show, along with "SWAT" were two of my favorites back in the seventies.

Ahh, memories of a time when there wasn't a care in the world.   :angel:

Bradley
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

derailed

blackcharger

the squad had a big block in it too.

my73charger

I watched the original Gone in 60 Seconds last night on Speed Channel.  Flimed in 1974...lots of nice cars make an appearance in that show.  Kind of an ugly baby poop yellow 73 mustang is the star but it is still fun to watch.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Afflyer on December 31, 2005, 12:40:57 AM
This show, along with "SWAT" were two of my favorites back in the seventies.

Me too!! My brother & I were glued to the TV for every episode. That's cool that they've got it out on DVD now, I'm definitely gonna have to snag that too.

When is the Six Million Dollar Man & Wonder Woman coming out? :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

derailed

How about Ponch and John, there was alot of old musclecars in that show usually in the middle of some 15 car pile up on I 10 caused by somones puppy dog getting loose off its leash but it was still one of my favorites. I heard there remaking another Chips movie sometime in the near future

Charger_Fan

Geez, how could I forget about Chips? That was a favorite too.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Baracda

Way back when I was with my family at Universal Studios on a tour and they were filiming Emergency nearby.  They had run out of standins and they pulled several of the grown men including my dad right out of the tour, dressed them in CHP uniforms and put them in one of the episodes!

jim

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: my73charger on December 31, 2005, 11:13:59 AM
I watched the original Gone in 60 Seconds last night on Speed Channel.   Flimed in 1974...lots of nice cars make an appearance in that show.   Kind of an ugly baby poop yellow 73 mustang is the star but it is still fun to watch.

I was watching that too.............funniest part is when the couple is test driving the blue '72 Runner......him:"What do you think honey?" her:"I like it. Lets get it."

WHAM! :o

Poor car.

BBD

Todd Wilson

Being that I am a packrat   and have about 99% of the toys I had as a kid anyone remember this hotwheel? This is my Squad51 truck from back in the day.     I had a bigger plastic truck that the side sides opened and it was a cb radio that ran on batteries. I cant seem to find it now but it would have been nice to have as a collectible now I bet.

Anyone remeber the ViewMaster? I have a set of Emergency disks for it from back in the day! I even have a Emergency metal lunch box!

I loved that show! I wish they would put it back on nick tv like it was a few years ago.

Todd

TruckDriver

When I watch the re-runs now, there is one thing that I see that is just wrong about the show. In about 90% of all the episodes, when they go to a fire call where there is actually a fire. They wear the fire jacket, but rarely ever have any fire pants or boots on, just the regular jeans and shoes.   ::)   Or wasn't it a regulation to wear them back then? I would think it was though.
PETE

TruckDriver

I had the red one, and the white one, and the green forest ranger one too Todd.  :yesnod:
PETE

Todd Wilson

OK 51 freaks! Here it is! I had to dig it out of the closet!! I told you I am a packrat! Theres been a lot of sandwichs and chips carried in this old unit!

Bluebeast

I used to watch that show as a kid. I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, that the show Adam 12 came on right before or right after it. Another great show! While we're on the subject, I was talking to a friend the other day about how at 2:00 AM the Star Spangled Banner would play and the screen would go to snow until 6:00AM. Now, there is programming 24/7!
1970 Dodge Charger 500 SE 4speed

TruckDriver

Quote from: Bluebeast on December 31, 2005, 03:42:36 PM
I used to watch that show as a kid. I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, that the show Adam 12 came on right before or right after it. Another great show! While we're on the subject, I was talking to a friend the other day about how at 2:00 AM the Star Spangled Banner would play and the screen would go to snow until 6:00AM. Now, there is programming 24/7!

Emergency was a spin off of Adam 12. I even remember, there was at least 1 Emergency show with the main guys from Adam 12 on.

I did a ebay search and came up with this stuff....

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=tv+show+Emergency%21&category0=
PETE

Charger_Fan

That lunchbox is pretty cool, Todd. It's amazing the handle is still there, mine always broke.

I had one of those Hotwheel trucks when I was a kid, no idea what became of it.

Afflyer

Wonder what that lunchbox would fetch on E-Gouge?

:icon_smile_approve:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

mopar_madman

Yeah I had the lunchbox and the action figures. I did see the adam 12 guys  on one of the early episodes I was watching. Used to watch those swat and the rookies. Great old 70's shows.
1973 Dodge Charger
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

Todd Wilson

I had one of these as a kid!The side door opened to a cb radio! It was cool!
For the life of me I cannot find it or my 6 million dollar man doll!   

Probably the 2 toys that are worth the most now that I had then!

Todd

derailed

I still have my matchbox truck to, I found it when i opened up my collection for my son to use and took some of them out. A couple of months ago I set up my computer so when i turn it on it plays the Emergency tones but it drove my wife crazy after a couple of days.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: drailed on December 31, 2005, 09:02:16 PM
I set up my computer so when i turn it on it plays the Emergency tones but it drove my wife crazy after a couple of days.
:haha: :haha:

greenpigs

I came to the conclusion most of you guys are older than dirt.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Bluebeast

Older than dirt? If I'm not mistaken, your avatar is from one of my favorite films of all time, and it was released in the 70's!! Have you played the video game yet? I'm not really in to video games but I tried my hand at that and it was pretty fun.

greenpigs

Yep, I own the video game and directors cut of the movie. I didn't go see the movie as I was 7 when it came out.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Bluebeast

Well, I was nine when it came out so I guess we aren't that far apart. Anyway, I have not seen the director's cut but I heard that diehard fans of the movie didn't like it because of the cartoon segues. What do you think of it?

TruckDriver

Thta's a movie? New one to me and I'm getting to the point of dirt ^-^
PETE

694spdRT

That was a great show. The coolest thing is that the original rescue truck is still around after all these years.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

BB1

* Dr. Bracket*   51, start an IV push and administer 33mg lactate ringers, transport as soon as possible.

*Johnny* Roger Rampart, *RAMPART!!* He's going going into B-fib, sending new strip,... Rampart losing vital signs. Rampart permission to use defibrillator.

* Dr Bracket* Permission granted.

*Johnny* Rampart pulse is shallow vitals signs returning, transport has arrived, ETA 10 min kmg-365.

And I haven't seen it in 20 years.   ;D Great show. Also watched "CHiPs" all the time.

If I remember right, the Emergency truck was on "CHiPs" often when there was an accident.

Anyone anyone.....
Delete my profile

greenpigs

Quote from: Bluebeast on January 01, 2006, 04:36:28 AM
Well, I was nine when it came out so I guess we aren't that far apart. Anyway, I have not seen the director's cut but I heard that diehard fans of the movie didn't like it because of the cartoon segues. What do you think of it?

I like the extras..like a few of the characters,Ajax,Swan,Cochise-sic and the punks leader comments. The cartoon cuts take away from the "edge". How tough is a guy that turns into a cartoon?

The video game is GREAT and worth the $...I can give you a link to the cheat codes if you would like.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

red72chrgr

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on December 31, 2005, 03:28:08 PM
Quote from: my73charger on December 31, 2005, 11:13:59 AM
I watched the original Gone in 60 Seconds last night on Speed Channel.   Flimed in 1974...lots of nice cars make an appearance in that show.   Kind of an ugly baby poop yellow 73 mustang is the star but it is still fun to watch.

I was watching that too.............funniest part is when the couple is test driving the blue '72 Runner......him:"What do you think honey?" her:"I like it. Lets get it."

WHAM! :o

Poor car.

BBD

yeah :'( and the garbage truck on the Charger :'(. Thought it was a neat movie though.
Nothing personal, just business