News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Heddman Elite

Started by rrob, January 17, 2011, 04:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrob

Anyone have experience with the Heddman Elite 78038 headers on a 2nd gen?   Rob
69 charger, 440, automatic

terrible one

If the Elite is the same design as the low buck Hedmans, just thermal coated, then I can tell you that with my 383 in a '68 I had to bash in a tube about 1/4 of the way to clear my mini starter, but other than that they fit fine. I think the Hedmans I got were called like the street header or something . . . just the painted black cheapies

471_Magnum

Elites are much better that the standard Hedmans.

I installed them on a 71 383 Roadrunner. Had to ding them in several places on both sides, but nothing major. Fit would likely be better on a 440.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

madmike

I have Hedman Elites in my '68 Charger.  They went in fairly easily, and seem to clear everything fine, so far.  I don't have my transmission centered and bolted in the cross member mount, yet, so hopefully when it gets centered, the headers will still clear everything.  I just couldn't afford the TTI's...

tufamc

I to am wondering that same question, I have the Heddman Elite and the Pypes brand 2 1/2" exhaust system sitting in their boxes wating for their new home...btw 69' with 383/727
69' Charger 383 4bbl, TF727.....for now......

rrob

The Elites look like a good product so I am going ahead and ordering them today and sending back the Hooker competitions that I now have, they ABSOLUTELY will not fit! :flame: Talked to some guys who had pretty good luck with thiers and some who couldn't get them to fit also. You would think that after all the years these manufacturers have had to design headers that they would pretty much all fit by now. Oh well, back to work on the interior instead.   Rob
69 charger, 440, automatic

Sixt8Chrgr

I just installed a set on my 68 440 and had to dimple around the mini starter. Other than that they fit good.