News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Time to eat a little crow.......

Started by jaak, December 26, 2010, 10:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaak

As much as I have bad mouthed and wrote off Year One, I finally bought something from them for the first time in 7 or 8 years.

I wanted a new engine harness (modified for electronic ign. and dual field alt.) Well I was gonna buy it from one source for $115 plus another 15 for shipping...130 total. I don't know why but I looked it up on YO website, and they had the same harness listed for 99.95. Well then I looked on here and got the 20% discount code Troy posted in the group buy/discount section, and I got it for a grand total 95.17 shipping and all. Heck thats 35 bucks saved to put towards something else. And on top of that I ordered it around 7 pm. on a Monday night, and it showed up at my house around noon on Wednesday.

Maybe they aren't as evil as I thought, lol.

Jason

Silver R/T

I got fuel vapor separator from them through ebay for a good price.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

terrible one

I only shop Year One with the 20% off discount! They should call it the "realistic price" option.  :P

bull

Quote from: jaak on December 26, 2010, 10:54:02 PM
As much as I have bad mouthed and wrote off Year One, I finally bought something from them for the first time in 7 or 8 years.

I wanted a new engine harness (modified for electronic ign. and dual field alt.) Well I was gonna buy it from one source for $115 plus another 15 for shipping...130 total. I don't know why but I looked it up on YO website, and they had the same harness listed for 99.95. Well then I looked on here and got the 20% discount code Troy posted in the group buy/discount section, and I got it for a grand total 95.17 shipping and all. Heck thats 35 bucks saved to put towards something else. And on top of that I ordered it around 7 pm. on a Monday night, and it showed up at my house around noon on Wednesday.

Jason

1969chargerrtse

Yeah main point being if places offered good prices and fair shipping, they would grow fast and strong and survive the hard economy.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

chargerboy69

The thing I took away from this story was the price more that doubled on this item in the last four years.  I bought the same harness from them roughly four years ago.  I think it was around $45.00 then.  They charged me $30.00 shipping for the harness and have not bought anything from them since.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

tricky lugnuts

At least it worked out for ya!

Hmm.

Did Year One knock the price down lately?

I guess I should have got mine from them - I went with Evans a few months ago because they were the same $115 or so, and I thought Year One wanted the same amount and had to make it from scratch, including mining all the copper, before you actually got anything sent to you.

They wanted $15 or something stupid just to ship me three sleeve nuts for my exhaust manifolds.

Guess this just goes to show it's always best to shop around.

$30 to ship a wiring harness to Hono-freaking-lulu or even the moon sounds a bit much to me. Can't say I blame you for not looking back.

The70RT

I seen tranny cooling lines from YO for I think 30 bucks....they wanted 60 for shipping. I got them from Inline Tubing for 50 shipped. I did get a heater core for 200 plus only 15 to ship....go figure. Maybe they noticed how many times I was in checkout on other things then didn't complete the transaction after seeing the rape charges.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

Quote from: The70RT on December 28, 2010, 04:18:11 PM
I seen tranny cooling lines from YO for I think 30 bucks....they wanted 60 for shipping. I got them from Inline Tubing for 50 shipped. I did get a heater core for 200 plus only 15 to ship....go figure. Maybe they noticed how many times I was in checkout on other things then didn't complete the transaction after seeing the rape charges.
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Neal_J

jaak

Quote from: Neal_J on December 29, 2010, 01:47:44 PM
Quote from: jaak on December 26, 2010, 10:54:02 PM

Yes, they are...

LOL....yeah my whole point was I actually bought something, doesn't mean I plan on doing all my business with 'em. Infact I checked on a couple of other things when I bought the harness, cause I thought I might just get it in one order, but after looking at prices and shipping......same 'ol year one, I decided to get the other stuff elsewhere.

Jason

Scaregrabber

I haven't bought anything from them for years. They will have to change their attitude if they plan to be in business much longer, especially in the current economy.

Sheldon

Rolling_Thunder

I will never buy anything from them again....     I waited 9 MONTHS for a wiring harness from them....        That is inexcusable in my book - no phone call - no notice - nothing....    i called and called with no results...      F*** Year One. They have lost my business forever because of that....    especially when they said it would be there in 5 days.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Belgium R/T -68

The only thing they have and I need and can't find anywhere else is the dashharness so I have
no choice. :shruggy:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

six-tee-nine

Make one yourself?

They're like what ? 10 wires
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Neal_J

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on January 04, 2011, 11:55:08 AM
F*** Year One. They have lost my business forever because of that...

I've said it before, but Year One is the Anti-Christ.

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us