News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do I Have a chance???

Started by six-tee-nine, December 28, 2005, 06:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

six-tee-nine

Perhaps, who knows...

But i 'm doing a lot of work on my house lately....so i just have to see how that works out......
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

CB

1) buying a Charger sight unseen is a risk you take. Even when a guy sends you 100 pics you will never know how the real condition is.

2) I will never buy a car this way again. Why? Because I'd love to visit the States, buy a Mopar and drive it back to the docks to ship it home.

3) don't forget the taxes overhere. Choosing the wrong shipper will cost you many 100's more. Some agents will charge you 21%.  Went back to my old agent and it saved me 5-600â,¬ in taxes.

4) don't see someone in Belgium jumping on a killer deal. I missed out some super deals (e.g. a nice driving 1970 SE Charger for 7K  :yesnod: ) because of the distance. Or you buy it sight unseen or just pray to find a killer deal once you are over there on holidays.

5) keep at least $2-3K in the bank if you buy a 8-10K Charger.
($900 ocean freight, $4-800 pre-shipping, $160 S/H, â,¬6-700 BelgiumTaxes).

Take care
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Afflyer

If I were in your shoes, I'd DEFINITELY wait until the MoPar Nats and peruse all the available Chargers to your heart's content in either Ohio or Pennsylvania.  Then ship the car out of NY or NJ.  Everything you'd need would be available in a small area and you could enjoy your first time in America, seeing the sights in your new Charger!

Yeah, I'd wait till the Nats to come over.  You can continue to save until that time comes as well.

Best of luck and have a Duvel on me!

Bradley
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

six-tee-nine

Quote from: Afflyer on December 30, 2005, 03:10:31 PM
have a Duvel on me!

I always have at least a sixpack of them in the fridge.... :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

BTW are there so much sellers at those events????

Because i will also be more or less looking for a (still running) project car but u guess not everyone who wants to sell his Charger is goint to the Mopar Nats or am I wrong???

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Telvis

I would think your best bet would be to have a few cars lined up to look at before you even think about coming here. Chargers are not that easy to find. Do your research first then come and look at them and pick the one you like best.

six-tee-nine

Yeah but reffering to Doc74's explanation the good cars are sold within 24 hrs

I can't possibly contct a guy, tell by boss i wont be at work next day, buy a plainticket and fly over, and buy the car in 24 hrs time......

i guess if the owner wants to wait for me ok, but else.....in 90% of the cases i'll bet to late i'm affraid.....

rich4406bbl

At the Chryslers @Carlisle they have a good sized swap meet and car corral area where the cars for sale are kept. No cars in the show field are allowed to have for sale signs on them. Make a few connections in the show field and you may get a call in the future about someone deciding to sell. IMO the swap meet area usually has a fiar amount of cars for sale.