News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Paint my car?

Started by Blusmbl, December 28, 2005, 06:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE CHARGER PUNK

i say go triple black with a 6-pack or hemi dart hood-MATT(dick landy style looks cool 2)

GTX

Quote from: Blusmbl on December 29, 2005, 08:13:51 AM
GTX - I take it yours was an original dark racing green car?  I've only seen pictures of that one from Idaho, both pictures I posted are of the same car. :D

You know I had to look a couple of times after I posted and realized that it was the same car, I usually just browse over everything..
Almost night and day in color in different light.

'Ya noticed the Idaho plates huh? I'm in Utah and never did change those plates.  I wonder where that car ended up, damn I miss it.

ChargerMad

hey, personally, id go for the dark green. (GG1). My car is similar to the combination your after, just that i have dark green interior. Of a night, people mistake it for black, and during the day, the green contrasts really well with the black vinyl. The landy colours aint bad, but i jus think that it may look tacky, or you may get bored with it after a while. (still cool though). Heres a pic of my 68 R/T, (gg1), see what you think??? I was after a black Charger, but this green makes it look just as mean....

Blusmbl

Quote from: Spike on December 29, 2005, 01:31:46 PM
So use a little of both, paint the Landy with the green in place of the red. Add your own personal touch.
See if you can photchop a pic with different paint colors on the Landy Charger.

I just made it back to my home computer with photoshop... I may mess around with it this weekend to see what I can come up with.  Or just ask big Ed over on Moparts to do it. :D

ChargerMad- any more pics?  It looks great.  You're now the 3nd GG1 Charger I've seen, ever. :D
Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger

ChargerMad

hey , heres some more pictures... Over in the UK, ive seen a few GG1 cars, i thought they were very common??? True or false??

Danny

bull

I think it'd be cool to do the Landy scheme. Most people on the street might wonder but not ask. The ones that will hound you to death are the guys at the show wondering if it's legit. What kind of '68 is yours again? Base model or what? Here's a picture you forgot:

Jon Smith

Landy colours
I love nostalgia paint jobs, and it'll be more distinctive, you'll never be getting into the wrong car at shows :icon_smile_big:

Blusmbl

Bull- mine's an R/T, with none of the original drivetrain. :lol:  So, I suppose it doesn't matter much one way or another how I paint it.  :icon_smile_cool:

Danny- I see 66-1 green Chargers everywhere... but never any of the GG-1 green ones.  Maybe you people overseas took all of them?  :icon_smile_big:

-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram

ChargerBill

Bull, thanks for the pic...I didn't have that one.

I also say go LANDY! It would be so sweet, and you will be the only one.... :thumbs:
Life is a highway...

Blusmbl

I think there's one original car floating around.  I could be mistaken though.  There was a large musclecar anthology book printed a couple years ago that had his '68 Charger in it, that's where the very first pic came from.  I just wish I had a copy of the book! :lol:
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram

R2

GREEN............W/BLACK STRIPE......BLACK TOP...AND ORGANISOL THE HOOD........... :o

That would look killer,,,,, :icon_smile_approve:
You could put ANY wheel combo on it,,,,(Weld Prostars....to Steelies......),,,and it would bitchin'....that would give you even more versitility...compared to the Landy scheme...

It would get old telling everyone who Dick Landy is.....and then why you painted your car like his,,,dont get me wrong,,,that car is awesome,,,,,but for tearing it up on Woodward/Telegraph/Milan,,,etc,,,I would do the GREEN............ :icon_smile_wink: :yesnod: