News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2nd Gen Console

Started by MM1R/T, December 23, 2010, 03:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MM1R/T

Did all second generation Chargers come with a console or buddy seat? In 1968 specifically, could a 4 speed R/T have been built without either the buddy seat or console?

bull

No, not all came with a console or buddy seat. I've seen more than one R/T with a column auto and nothing but carpet on the hump. And similarly the four speed cars could be found with just a floor shifter on the hump.

Actually, let me rephrase that. I've seen one R/T with a column auto and no console or buddy seat but I don't think it was the only one made by any stretch. If it was I should have bought it.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

MM1R/T

Thanks. It looks like that '69 is a radio delete car, too.

Was the console an option or was it standard equipment that had to be deleted by special order?

Troy

My bronze 68 with 318 and column shift auto had no console whatsoever.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Both the console & the center armrest "Buddy Seat" were an extra cost option....both could be deleted (at least for the '69 model year)

See the facts & features manual here....

http://www.1969chargerregistry.com/gallery/facts
Chris' '69 Charger R/T