News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Must See - St. Louis Plant Demoltion

Started by 68X426, December 23, 2010, 03:59:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68X426

This is a must see.!!!!  :2thumbs:

The St. Louis Assembly Plant is being demolished.  :'(  Guys and gals, maybe a quarter to one third of our cars were built there over the decades. Very few of us ever saw the Plant in operation, let alone seen it since the muscle car heyday. Well here it is. The company doing the work - MCM, "Where Demolition Means Progress", has a site with great pictures and info.

http://fentonchryslerplantdemo.com/index2.php#/home/  (Patience - heavy on video and graphics)

Really sad on all kinds of levels. But it's great to see the Plant before it's all gone.

Thank you to idrivevintage at moparts.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

chargerboy69

Thanks for the link.  It is kinda sad to see them tear it down.  Was the plant in bad shape?

My 69 Bee was built there.  I was hoping to get a few pictures of the car their when she was finished.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

moparstuart

very sad , all my b body's except for my 500 where built there ,  Had my 69 RR back in the plant twice parked on the line back in 99 and then again in 04 .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

HOTROD

YEP its going down and I pass by it about every day , save nothing scrap it all that's what there doing !!
got to drive through plant 2 in 1985 when they were rehabbing it, my first truck driving job !
What the Hell-Dumass !

84shelby

Thanks to everybody who worked there building our cars.

Rallyecharger

Sad to see some great history disappearing.......... :rotz:

fc7_plumcrazy

sad to see, many of my cars have been assembled there :'(