News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What type of finish, if any, did you use on your suspension/steering parts?

Started by bull, December 21, 2010, 11:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Just wondering what type of finishes, if any, you guys use on your suspension parts? I realize the parts with built in rubber aren't going to be chrome plated so I guess I'm most interested in what route you went on those parts.

bull

I'm thinking about doing electroless nickel on a bunch of the stuff that doesn't incorporate rubber. :shruggy: Mainly because I have no way to spray paint anything this time of year.

Back N Black

I used engine grey cast spray paint on the calipers, front sway bar and steering box, the strut rods and torsion bars was argent silver with clear coat. The lower control arms are gold to sorta match the cosmoline finish, the upper control are painted black. Because the car is black, i wanted to add a little color to the suspension.

4cruzin

I powder coated everything that could be baked including the k-frame.  Turned out great!   :2thumbs:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

six-tee-nine

IMO spray painting is only good if you have acces to good equipment. Rattlecans on suspention will cost you a fortune ande the paint qualitiy is way less than anything else.
Powdercoating is the most durable my guess...
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

bull