News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

brake linkage and pivot (bell crank)???

Started by ozchargerguy, October 22, 2010, 08:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

has any 1 got 1

yes
0 (0%)
no
3 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 3

ozchargerguy

hi guys need the brake linkage that connects to brake booster to pedal i found a 71 model charger
but not sure will it fit a 68 charger need help thanks any1

7dcharger

The 71 is narrower between the two long plates. It will bolt into 68, but the rod out of the brake booster will not fit into the center of the two plates without modification. I had a disk setup out of a 71 on my 70 for several years and used the 71 bell crank, but I had the 71 booster also with the narrower rod. The 71 booster is 11" in diameter and just barely fits, it rubs slightly against the inner fender. I have since installed the correct Bendix booster in the car and had to switch out the bell crank from a 1970. I got it from Tony's for around $85. If I can recall right, the white bushings for the pivot point can still be bought at the dealer.  

Edit: The link to the linkage above is correct, but it looks like it is missing the bushing for the brake booster rod. Link to missing bushing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POWER-BRAKE-BUSHING-MOPAR-68-69-70-ROAD-RUNNER-CHARGER-/380180353124?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item588483d064