News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MY RANT ON MEMBERS FOR PROFIT !

Started by skip68, December 18, 2010, 03:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

472 R/T SE

Quote from: The70RT on January 31, 2011, 07:09:27 PM
before he deletes it

forget somethin'?  :icon_smile_wink::

Quote from: dixie lee on January 25, 2011, 07:50:24 PM
Here's a point that can be dicussed, how many people in the past & present buy things from using their money from selling items here to buy other items they need?  Now I have been mislead by posting on this website but don't complain about the people? No I don't, I take it as it might have been a mishap but again if they can't read a ruler then I guess it's my fault for trusting the people that I am dealing with from this site. Now I have put ads on asking for Vectors wheels-Why I am looking for 15by8's again People send me 8-1/2's So again I don't complain..  I just take a loss! So I may sell wheels here that belong to others for a favor-is this wrong?  I have Donated an engine for a fellow that was building a General Lee car-is this wrong which cost me money to start.  Donated an engine that I bought with the sale of my items-So I guess people don't know the whole story???  There's more.. I have donated an automatic Floor console, headliner bows, engine parts, hood hinges to people that have a charger that spend their time doing benefits to raise money for "MAKE A WISH FOUNDATION" Now let me say, buying hood hinges, isn't cheap. Then soda blasting them from another fellow costs me more money, then powder coating them costs me, then shipping them costs me money.. So tell me Skip68, where does the word profit come from?  Anything that I have I sell to make the money to donate to Make a wish or mercy flight charities!!!  This is me, I don't make a living off this site, I turn things into donations for the less fortunate..  I definately don't get rich, but I can see where people may jump the idea to accuse people because they don't have the facts, so here's the facts even if it's no one business as we all look the other way for the less fortunate???  I have been showing my cars to benefit children with cancer & M.S. believe me this is a worthy cause to see the children smile for one moment knowing they may not have the next second to live..  So this is me here in Western NY, making a difference even if people assume the worst!!  So how many people donate every 6 months or every year? To where and how much is the donation? Again this isn't my business so why do people make such an issue about Dixie Lee? I fight the system just like everyone else does, anyone that displays their car for a charity-then charges the benefit afterwords is immorrally & totally wrong!  I have built General Lee's in the past which are far from being junkyard cars.. But my price on anything here shouldn't effect anyone.

jb666

Quote from: skip68 on January 30, 2011, 07:08:41 PM
One more thing.  I will make sure I give the link to this thread to all the charities I talk to that he claims to be doing all this work for.  Then they can see and contact him if they have anything they need to tell him.       

Uh oh, Chuckie, about to go BK on his azz eh?  :rofl:

FLG

Quote from: jb666 on January 31, 2011, 07:58:41 PM
One more thing.  I will make sure I give the link to this thread to all the charities I talk to that he claims to be doing all this work for.  Then they can see and contact him if they have anything they need to tell him.       

Idk that might not make a difference, bks still around  :rotz:

jb666

Quote from: FLG on January 31, 2011, 08:25:14 PM
Quote from: jb666 on January 31, 2011, 07:58:41 PM

Idk that might not make a difference, bks still around  :rotz:

skip68

I did what I said I would do with BK...  I helped Jeff expose them and I shut them down.  If they payed fines, got proper Licenses and permits then that's another story.  I was told this is better because now they will be able to keep an eye on BK.  I don't want this thread to turn into BK, though I bet Jeff's butt still hurts when he sits down.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

greenpigs

I was just on a Buick GN site, not important why, and they had a trader feedback rating listed with the user name. Not sure how practical that would be but it could make the bad eggs stick out.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

skip68

Hey guys, does anybody have dixie lee's real name ?  All I have is his sisters name and address.  This is how all of his deals are done.  I was told that all payments go to his sister and in her name.  If anyone has his real name please send it to me in a PM.  DO NOT POST ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION HERE PLEASE .   Thanks,  Chuck.........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Bobs69

Quote from: skip68 on January 31, 2011, 08:59:21 PM
I did what I said I would do with BK...  I helped Jeff expose them and I shut them down.  If they payed fines, got proper Licenses and permits then that's another story.  I was told this is better because now they will be able to keep an eye on BK.  I don't want this thread to turn into BK, though I bet Jeff's butt still hurts when he sits down.   

Sometimes you might just as well piss into the wind rather then fight somethings.   But this is something else and I'll give you props (not really sure what that word means....respect maybe) for exposing them.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: greenpigs on January 31, 2011, 11:41:17 PM
   I was just on a Buick GN site, not important why, and they had a trader feedback rating listed with the user name. Not sure how practical that would be but it could make the bad eggs stick out.

For A Bodies Only does that too...
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Steve P.

[quote author=ACUDANUT
BTW I think you should actually own a Charger to be on this site.  :icon_smile_big:

HEY HEY HEY,,,,, I DO NOT own a Charger... Haven't in many years. That doesn't mean I cannot help others with theirs.. Or does it??  shruggy
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

nvrbdn

your right steve you sure can. ill give ya my address when im ready to work on it :smilielol: but seriously, lots of mopar guys hang out here without a charger. its a charger and a mopar site to me. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

NGC414

Quote from: greenpigs on January 31, 2011, 11:41:17 PM
Im a member there also. So does a couple mustang sites like The corral. It seems to work well. But If a site does not use a system like that, I will reasearch a persons previous posts and google their user name before I make any purchace.
(Alot of guys who are members of various sites will use the same name)

Steve P.

Quote from: nvrbdn on February 03, 2011, 12:38:15 PM
your right steve you sure can. ill give ya my address when im ready to work on it :smilielol: but seriously, lots of mopar guys hang out here without a charger. its a charger and a mopar site to me. :2thumbs:

Thanks for the thumbs up nvrbdn, but I was really just busting nuts chops as I have a 65' Coronet 500 and am also a moderator on the site... hahahahahahaa....  :icon_smile_wink:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

nvrbdn

u got the wifes favorite car, 65 coronet 500. might be gettin one in a trade for my 69 cougar soon. at least tryin
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

dixie lee

Quote from: skip68 on February 02, 2011, 09:50:13 AM
Hey guys, does anybody have dixie lee's real name ?  All I have is his sisters name and address.  This is how all of his deals are done.  I was told that all payments go to his sister and in her name.  If anyone has his real name please send it to me in a PM.  DO NOT POST ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION HERE PLEASE .   Thanks,  Chuck.........
Since I reported you for harassment, all you have been riding my rear.. So why do you hide your email, mine is out there I have nothing to fear with these false statements you all have. You all don't have nothing to do but harass people?  Here I am, thanks for "trying to ruin me"  But the more you talk false statements, the more I will fight the system on these measures.  I have been following your statements and everyone esles.. Just because I made you angry you are going to do what to me?  Threaten me?  Hit me?  Sexual harass me?  Now does this make you feel more powerful to Control these lies about people? If I am singled out than I have a case of discrimination of slander that could be prosecuted from an internet threat of Slander.  Now I am willing to over look this if the drama quits. Why do you want to stalk me which is against my rights & the rules of this website of Dodge Charger .com. Slandering someone's Name & Character is against the law. I have copied everyone's postings which I may let the adminstrator read.  If this goes to court Dixie Lee will be exposed as being a woman which will turn into discrimination of a woman. I post the ads, do you have something against women's rights? 

dixie lee

Quote from: dixie lee on February 04, 2011, 07:27:26 PM
Since I reported you for harassment, all you have been riding my rear.. So why do you hide your email, mine is out there I have nothing to fear with these false statements you all have. You all don't have nothing to do but harass people?  Here I am, thanks for "trying to ruin me"  But the more you talk false statements, the more I will fight the system on these measures.  I have been following your statements and everyone esles.. Just because I made you angry you are going to do what to me?  Threaten me?  Hit me?  Sexual harass me?  Now does this make you feel more powerful to Control these lies about people? If I am singled out than I have a case of discrimination of slander that could be prosecuted from an internet threat of Slander.  Now I am willing to over look this if the drama quits. Why do you want to stalk me which is against my rights & the rules of this website of Dodge Charger .com. Slandering someone's Name & Character is against the law. I have copied everyone's postings which I may let the adminstrator read.  If this goes to court Dixie Lee will be exposed as being a woman which will turn into discrimination of a woman. I post the ads, do you have something against women's rights? 
An Idea from Elacruze Quote from: 68X426 on December 18, 2010, 11:00:10 AM
I agree.  Yes, taking advantage of the Troy's good will.

However .... just for the sake of discussion ..... if the new owner buys the item at $100, and then relists/sells it at $200, how is that morally wrong? 

The original owner could have (should have) listed for $200. Where is the immorality in listing and re-selling for what turns out to be the correct price ? (Correct price defined as what a willing buyer will pay to a willing seller.) My opinion: save morality analysis for weightier matters than reselling parts at a correct price.

Immoral to sell at $200? I don't see it because the buyer and seller are both willing and knowledgeable participants in an open and free marketplace. Again, I agree it is distasteful behavior, and that the seller is actually a dealer, who should have a different set of rules for how they market. But the act of selling an item for a profit is not immoral.  (unless of course the item is stolen).

Also consider that the new seller could very well misread the market and eventually sell at $50. The new seller is taking plenty of financial risk with their buy/sell operation, and they can lose money as well as score. Is it immoral to sell an item at a loss? Would Troy owe them something because of the loss?

Just food for thought.

Now lets talk about HP ink jet cartridges, lawyers, movie theater tickets and pro basketball contracts!   

Brock Samson

"props" = "Proper Respect".

DodgeChargerdotcom has a long history of hating Flippers... most all of us joined for a love of Chargers learning and helping out fellow enthusiasts. the "Flippers" came around later. You could look it up.  :yesnod:

elacruze

Since you mentioned me, Dixie Lee, I'll re-emphasize a couple points.

1. The free market has never been in question here. Your ethics have been in question.
2. Slander exists only when *false* statements have *caused you damage*
3. Slander is a legal term applied to transitory (spoken) statements. What you mean to discuss is *Libel* which occurs in a fixed medium, such as internet text.

Let's examine a hypothetical; that untrue statements have actually been posted. What is the damage to you? Lost sales?
Try that on the judge. I think you'll agree it doesn't fit well.

Let's get right to the point. Have you or have you not ever negotiated a better price to purchase by claiming that you needed something for your personal use? If so, have you ever re-sold these items?

Don't skirt, or equivocate, or avoid. I'll take those acts as an admission. If you say never, I'll be asking Skip68 to provide some information to support his assertion.

God I love this place.

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

skip68

I find it interesting that dixie lee is now a woman...  I'm just trying to find out who you really are.  You posted ads that were misleading.  I called you out on them and then you changed them.  I asked you a point blank question and you DID NOT RESPOND.  All you had to do was just be more upfrontand that's all I asked for.  YOU chose this path and I will walk you down it.  YOU COMPLAINED TO ME ABOUT DEAN. I was told Dean talked to a man on the phone.  Now, if Dean talked to a man on the phone that was the real dixie lee and you are now claiming to be a woman, then who in the hell are you??????? 

General_01

Quote from: dixie lee on February 04, 2011, 07:27:26 PM

Funny stuff Brian. When I talked to you I was talking to a man. By the way, talk about not hiding your email? You don't need to hide it. You just change it along with your user name. And I would suggest everybody hide their email so guys like you can't harass them. Thanks for the laugh.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

skip68

Your profile has no gender listed and when did gender become an issue ??????.   

dixie lee

Quote from: skip68 on February 04, 2011, 08:47:35 PM
I find it interesting that dixie lee is now a woman...  I'm just trying to find out who you really are.  You posted ads that were misleading.  I called you out on them and then you changed them.  I asked you a point blank question and you DID NOT RESPOND.  All you had to do was just be more upfrontand that's all I asked for.  YOU chose this path and I will walk you down it.  YOU COMPLAINED TO ME ABOUT DEAN. I was told Dean talked to a man on the phone.  Now, if Dean talked to a man on the phone that was the real dixie lee and you are now claiming to be a woman, then who in the hell are you???????  
First off what right do you have to stalk people. What right do you have to harass people?  You weren't doing anything of the sort but trying to stalk me behind my back. I placed the ads.. Troy made a point, I removed the wanted ads.. Okay whats your point now..  I removed most of my ads due to all this drama that people turned this discussion into because why? Because you harassed me in the beginning with an email..   My question to get off this ridiculous demands of yours is this- What have you donated to, What have you given away, Do you own a Charger? Does anyone here that are assuming things dealt with Dixie Lee in a real purchase?  What ads are misleading?  The ads state items for sale.. If you can't afford things than don't worry about, move on! If you are selling things, sell them on the less expensive than the user in question or sell for more who cares.. Did you get an item you weren't satisfied from Dixie Lee. So if you are fighting an assumption of an idea, the idea that you had of removing the ads from the "Wanted Ads" are now removed since it seems now that you have became the controller here then whats the problem now?  You all need to look at the entire board...    

dixie lee

Quote from: skip68 on February 04, 2011, 09:28:58 PM
Your profile has no gender listed and when did gender become an issue ??????.  
What would you say that your intentions were behind this which your tactics are quite decieving.. Hey guys, does anybody have dixie lee's real name ?  All I have is his sisters name and address.  This is how all of his deals are done.  I was told that all payments go to his sister and in her name.  If anyone has his real name please send it to me in a PM.  DO NOT POST ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION HERE PLEASE .   Thanks,  Chuck.........
   Now is this decieving for dixie lee to think,  should "Fear for my Life"?

dixie lee

Quote from: General_01 on January 25, 2011, 10:37:11 PM
Dixie, please stop. I forgot to put my boots on before getting on the computer and the manure you are spreading is getting all over my shoes. ::)
Who are you?  Did you buy something from Dixie Lee?  Why are you on this topic?  So enlighten me perhaps it's time to bring light into this pathetic drama!