News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MY RANT ON MEMBERS FOR PROFIT !

Started by skip68, December 18, 2010, 03:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

200MPH

ok you too Tuf Cat ! :2thumbs: all kidding aside it is not a good feeling when you thought you were helping somebody out who at the time may have been down on their Luck or life gets in the way and you found they turned your parts.... its happened to me a couple of times
Charger

jb666

I know exactly what you mean, Skip... I've given MANY forum members parts at no cost... I'd be upset if they were flipped for a profit... Especially since I was doing it to help out..

Hell, if I didn't give stuff away here, you can bet your ass I'd turn a good profit on the stuff on EBay... But I chose to help FIRST and profit SECOND.

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

jb666

Skip you are a clown  :rofl: :rofl: nice voicemail!! (I'm out plowing, heard it on my phone)

terrible one

Quote from: squeakfinder on December 20, 2010, 01:17:40 PM

Wow, on the NikonCafe they require 300 legitimate posts and you must be a member for 180 days before you can even look at the classifieds.

This is where it's at! Something like that would be a good idea . . . :yesnod:

skip68

Check out the parts wanted section....   Dixie Lee is one of these dealers.  He claims to be looking for general lee vectors but has some for sell at the same time in the parts for sell section. This is the F'ed up Sh$! I'm talking about....      Moparmendy, Dixie Lee, and a few others are taking advantage of this site and it pisses me off....   Feel free to post other names we need to watch out for....    Chuck
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Bobs69

skip68

Dixie Lee aka Mopar01 just posted 20 more Vector GL wheels for sale and still has his ad in the parts wanted section saying he is looking for Vector wheels.
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

MoparManJim

Well, I can see that the reply I made afew weeks back up and vanish.. that only tells me one thing, I must have hit a nerve with what I had said. Strange thing is this, I didn't use nothing bad in my reply..

skip68

MoparManJim

Quote from: skip68 on January 03, 2011, 09:43:12 AM
What reply Jim?

That's my oh point! I made a reply in this thread and I think it was the next day or at least afew days later I think it was that I remembered that I had posted in this thread and came by and the reply was gone and I didn't say anything bad in it either  in that reply as far as I know of but yet as I notice everyone else's replys is still on here though but the one I made back afew weeks ago though and I even went through each page to see if I was maybe over looking it some how.   

elacruze

Quote from: MoparManJim on January 03, 2011, 10:34:12 AM
What reply Jim?

That's my oh point! I made a reply in this thread and I think it was the next day it was gone and I didn't say anything bad in it either but yet as I notice everyone else's is still on here though but the one I made back afew weeks ago though.   

Jim, you have a high noise/signal ratio.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

twodko

Is that the same as a low read on the trusty VSWR?
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

stripedelete

Quote from: elacruze on January 03, 2011, 10:43:31 AM
What reply Jim?

That's my oh point! I made a reply in this thread and I think it was the next day it was gone and I didn't say anything bad in it either but yet as I notice everyone else's is still on here though but the one I made back afew weeks ago though.   

Lol.  Jim, I think there was a similar thread with same author.  Your post may be there.

MoparManJim

Quote from: stripedelete on January 03, 2011, 05:23:10 PM
Quote from: elacruze on January 03, 2011, 10:43:31 AM
What reply Jim?

Lol.  Jim, I think there was a similar thread with same author.  Your post may be there.

No, it was this one. I just went back and look, my reply was close Chuck's reply#28. I just went back to page one and relooked and when I came upon reply #28 I remembered that my reply was down afew from it. Because I remembered after I had posted my reply I went back up to read the other replies that was above mine.. and clear as day I remembered Chuck's #28 reply. Oh well that's okay.   

skip68

It looks like we just have to turn a blind eye to the money members.  We know what they are doing and we can do nothing to stop them.  I posted my complaint 2 weeks ago in the site suggestion section and it will most likely do nothing.   Part of what I feel makes me a good member is when I see something wrong I try to help.  In this case I'm trying to protect other members.   I have my faults as I am only human and far from perfect but still I try to do what's right. I don't make the rules here but I must obay them. So I guess I have nothing else I can do but become a number as this site has gotten to that point.   Like any business or web site, as it grows so must the terms/rules.  What used to work in the past won't work anymore and needs to be modified.  I have watched this site grow and it's time to make some changes.  SORRY FOR MY POINTLESS RANT.   Chuck.....

41husk

I would much rather purchase things on here than ebay.  I feel like I am buying from a friend even if I have never met them.  That doesn't mean I don't know the going price on things, and if I am not sure there are enough good people on here to give me advice :Twocents:  If I need the part and the guy will let me have it for $2, eventhough he bought it on this board from another member for $1, I will buy it and be glad I found it. . I have given members a deal on items, only to need the same item months later and have to pay much more for it.  for the most part, I think our for sale board works well as is.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Old Moparz

Quote from: skip68 on January 03, 2011, 09:07:49 PM
It looks like we just have to turn a blind eye to the money members.  We know what they are doing and we can do nothing to stop them.  I posted my complaint 2 weeks ago in the site suggestion section and it will most likely do nothing.   Part of what I feel makes me a good member is when I see something wrong I try to help.  In this case I'm trying to protect other members.   I have my faults as I am only human and far from perfect but still I try to do what's right. I don't make the rules here but I must obay them. So I guess I have nothing else I can do but become a number as this site has gotten to that point.   Like any business or web site, as it grows so must the terms/rules.  What used to work in the past won't work anymore and needs to be modified.  I have watched this site grow and it's time to make some changes.  SORRY FOR MY POINTLESS RANT.   Chuck.....

Chuck, it's not a pointless rant if a handful of members are now enlightened to the questionable practices of a few profiteers. Not everyone has been around long enough to know how the human race operates, & hopefully they will pay more attention to the people in the ads. There just isn't one simple solution to the problem like using Pepto Bismol for both constipation AND diarrhea.  :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

elacruze

Quote from: twodko on January 03, 2011, 12:42:01 PM
Is that the same as a low read on the trusty VSWR?

More like your favorite AM radio station near the microwave relay tower.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Brock Samson

Jim?.. have you looked behind the couch?..  :scratchchin: or under the cushions?..  ;D

Ponch ®

I didn't get a chance to read the whole thread, but I see where Chuck is coming from. Some of these people are abusing the privileges of the for sale section, and it's more aggravating when they take advantage of other members' good will.

Don't what can be done about that, but I can tell you what I see on some of the other forums I'm on, like an eBay style feedback / trader rating system. Another option is that people who are obviously on a forum as a way to make business usually have to pay a "Vendor Fee". They then get their own forum - something like "Chet's Mopar Junkyard" or what have you. Yet another - and probably the more feasible option here - is to only allow members with a certain number of posts to post in the for sale section. Every now and then when I'm browsing the swap section I'll see a bunch of threads by the same guy selling stuff. Then when I click on the guys profile I see all of his posts are in the for sale section. That's the kind of member that's obviously only here to mooch off the free ads and does not contribute elsewhere.

But what do I know.... :P

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

skip68

I guess for now we just look the other way.  After all, it's not me that's getting taken.  Why should I care, it's not my problem...  I wish I could be that person. But over the years I've met and gotten to know tooooo many good folks on this site.  If I see something wrong and I just sat back and said nothing that makes me no better than the liars and thieves.   But that's just not the way I am.   I will be that loud voice in the back of the room that most will agree with even if they don't say so.  Right is right, even if it's not popular...........   It's not my job to protect members from being taken advantage of.  But as a long term member I feel it is my duty to make others aware of the wolves.   Chuck.....

MoparManJim

Quote from: Brock Samson on January 04, 2011, 05:29:16 PM
Jim?.. have you looked behind the couch?..  :scratchchin: or under the cushions?..  ;D

You know something....  that couch deal is starting to get alittle old anymore  :lol: :lol: . AND don't say I' sniffing to much glue as I haven't been working with very much with glue until just the other night so that would leave that remark out as well  :nana::lol: just so you know, and yes I will be a smart horse's puttoon here also, yes I did check behind the couch, and under and in each cushion, and also in the trunk of your charger.  :D :lol:    :2thumbs:

jb666

greenpigs

How about a percentage of posts required to list parts\cars in the for sale section?

Just how many times do we have things to sell?

I think something like 95% total posts in ALL topics before you can list items in the for sale part.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free